Lydie Parisot
Lydie Parisot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:57
French to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2017

Good Day Collegues,
I responded to a request for translation recently that I would like to share.

In my standard price quote I include payment methods accepted and payment due dates (among other items). In my experience among business owners and professionals of all industries, this is simply standard practise.

To my surprise, in a inadvertantly included email to his colleague at the bottom of the conversation in reply to my quote, I read that including such was
... See more
Good Day Collegues,
I responded to a request for translation recently that I would like to share.

In my standard price quote I include payment methods accepted and payment due dates (among other items). In my experience among business owners and professionals of all industries, this is simply standard practise.

To my surprise, in a inadvertantly included email to his colleague at the bottom of the conversation in reply to my quote, I read that including such was an "odd item to include in a quote" and to let me know they did not pay using the forms I specified.

He did not specify what payment types they do use.

Any thoughts? What is odd about including payment methods and due dates in a quote that, if confirmed, is binding?
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:57
Spanish to French
+ ...
"odd item to include in a quote" Mar 29, 2017

Why don't you just ask them?
Remember, you own a business, you are not their employee!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Odd remark about "Odd" price quote content

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »