katerina turevich
katerina turevich  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2016

Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar de inhoudsopgave
Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug
... See more
Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug", which would be my preference if this was possible)

I would welcome it, if instead of expressing you preference, you provide a reference to some clear authoritative source. Or both.
Thank you.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 16:46
Button Aug 15, 2016

Terug (Back) can also refer to the previous page, so I would avoid it. I think that a link like:

Inhoud >

Or an arrow-shaped button like:

[Inhoud >

Is very common.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »