Off topic: Ghibli Ukulele Advice Translation
Thread poster: teevee92
teevee92
teevee92
United Kingdom
Nov 20, 2015

Hi all, this is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong/in the wrong place! I have a book of Studio Ghibli ukulele tabs so I can mix two of my loves together, the only problem is it's in Japanese and I'm a solely English speaker. Each tablature comes with "One Point Advice" to show you how to play the song correctly, if I were to upload a picture of this advice box (13 points in total), could somebody translate it for me? Am I able to upload photos onto this forum? Is there anywh... See more
Hi all, this is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong/in the wrong place! I have a book of Studio Ghibli ukulele tabs so I can mix two of my loves together, the only problem is it's in Japanese and I'm a solely English speaker. Each tablature comes with "One Point Advice" to show you how to play the song correctly, if I were to upload a picture of this advice box (13 points in total), could somebody translate it for me? Am I able to upload photos onto this forum? Is there anywhere else on the internet I can go if this isn't the place? It's the opening theme to Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, beautiful beautiful music I'd like to try and play on the ukulele

Thank you for your time! I hope this is possible,

teevee
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:35
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Post it as a job, please Nov 21, 2015

Dear teevee,
ProZ.com is a site for professional translators, that is, those of us who do translations for a living.
There is a section on the site, the Job Board, where people who need translation services can post the details about the job, and then translators can quote a price and timeline to complete the translation. Pro Bono jobs are allowed only if the poster is a recognized non-profit organization.
Even if the job is small, this is the proper way to do it.
I hope
... See more
Dear teevee,
ProZ.com is a site for professional translators, that is, those of us who do translations for a living.
There is a section on the site, the Job Board, where people who need translation services can post the details about the job, and then translators can quote a price and timeline to complete the translation. Pro Bono jobs are allowed only if the poster is a recognized non-profit organization.
Even if the job is small, this is the proper way to do it.
I hope it helps, and good luck with the music, it sounds very interesting.
Katalin
Collapse

teevee92
teevee92
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 21, 2015

Thank you for your guidance! Been lost in forums for a while so wasn't sure where to go, I'll give it a look later.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ghibli Ukulele Advice Translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »