Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:42
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer Apr 7, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

I'll try to do a few comparisons between using Google Translate via the API (in a CAT tool), and the online interface @ https://translate.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#auto/en/ when I have a moment. I do know that in the past (i.e., before they introduced the neural engines), there was a difference, so I'm curious too.

Hello,

I was just wondering if you had the chance to try the above for comparison?
In the meantime I had a look at the improvements in Dragon with the use of neural nets, very interesting, thanks for this. I know google have a voice recognition plugin (or sort of) for Chrome. The function is embedded in Wordfast Anywhere. I tried it a while ago and was rather impressed too. But I don't know how it compares with Dragon.

All the best,

Fi2 n Co

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google gave their MT a "brain": Google Neural Machine Translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »