Thread poster: Nicole Islinger
Nicole Islinger
Nicole Islinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:05
English to German
+ ...
Oct 13, 2015

New problem with SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (SP2, 11.2.4422.11) + Multiterm 2014 (SP2, 11.2.1379.0) term bases (worked fine up to a few days ago).

When trying to add a Multiterm term base to a new project (e.g in project settings | Term bases), pressing button "Add" causes no action at all but just freezes this window. 2x ESC at least terminates the window. Then I tried an older project with term bases added in the past. These term bases show up but also show "No connection".
... See more
New problem with SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (SP2, 11.2.4422.11) + Multiterm 2014 (SP2, 11.2.1379.0) term bases (worked fine up to a few days ago).

When trying to add a Multiterm term base to a new project (e.g in project settings | Term bases), pressing button "Add" causes no action at all but just freezes this window. 2x ESC at least terminates the window. Then I tried an older project with term bases added in the past. These term bases show up but also show "No connection". I can delete such a term base base can't add any new term base.

All term bases work without problem in Multiterm 2014.

Can anybody help please?

PS: Works fine with SDL Trados 2011 + Multiterm 2011 (same term bases)

[Bearbeitet am 2015-10-14 08:24 GMT]
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 23:05
MultiTerm Oct 15, 2015

Hello Nicole,

This is SDL_Guillaume.

So we can help you further, could you confirm that you have MultiTerm installed?

Could you also send me a FULL screen shot of what you see?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Nicole Islinger
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Studio 2014 - Can't add termbases Oct 15, 2015

Hi Guillaume

Yes, I have Multiterm 2014 installed.

I have also completely de-installed Multiterm 2014 + SDL Trados 2014 and reinstalled SDL Trados 2014 and Multiterm 2014 (in this order).

I have a slight difference now:

If I create a new project using an old project as a template that already includes an existing term base, then the term base is present in Studio and I can normally see and search for terms. But I still cannot add any other term
... See more
Hi Guillaume

Yes, I have Multiterm 2014 installed.

I have also completely de-installed Multiterm 2014 + SDL Trados 2014 and reinstalled SDL Trados 2014 and Multiterm 2014 (in this order).

I have a slight difference now:

If I create a new project using an old project as a template that already includes an existing term base, then the term base is present in Studio and I can normally see and search for terms. But I still cannot add any other term base.

The original problem is, if I set up a project with no term base assigned, I cannot add any term base.

I don't know how to add a screenshot to this answer. Please advise.

But it is the Studio window PROJECT SETTINGS (Programmeinstellungen) | Term base (Termbanken). There is a button ADD (Hinzufügen). When I press this button, an explorer wndow should come up for picking a termbase. But nothing happens except that this window seems to freeze and no entry is possible. ESC + ESC closes the window.

PS: I also opened the term bases in Multiterm 2014 and these termbases work fine.

Kind regards

Nicole
Collapse

Peregrinvs
Peregrinvs  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:05
Chinese to English
Same problem encountered in Studio 2015 Dec 4, 2015

I am also encountering the same problem for Studio 2015...

Basically the Select termbase dialog box does not appear when we select Add option in the Termbase section of Project settings.

Peregrinvs
Peregrinvs  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:05
Chinese to English
Solution Dec 4, 2015

I think it has to do with a multi monitor display glitch.

Refer to this link for the solution:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/199543-find_and_replace_gone_missing_in_trados_studio.html

From Paul (SDL Community):
Right click on the Search & Replace window and select Move. The mouse t
... See more
I think it has to do with a multi monitor display glitch.

Refer to this link for the solution:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/199543-find_and_replace_gone_missing_in_trados_studio.html

From Paul (SDL Community):
Right click on the Search & Replace window and select Move. The mouse turns to a cross and if you hold down the left or right arrow key (depending on which side your second monitor was) long enough you will see the Search & Replace dialogue making it's way back to the Studio window
Collapse

Nicole Islinger
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it the hard way Dec 4, 2015

Hi everybody

Sorry for not responding faster but I moved to memoQ to do projects that could not wait.

Now, after looking somewhat deeper into the issue I recognized that there are registry issues. This would explain why an install/deinstall of Studio + Multiterm did not help.

Since I did not have the time to dig further into the registry issues, I decided to wipe the computer and installed everything from scratch (WIndows 7). The problem is gone and never c
... See more
Hi everybody

Sorry for not responding faster but I moved to memoQ to do projects that could not wait.

Now, after looking somewhat deeper into the issue I recognized that there are registry issues. This would explain why an install/deinstall of Studio + Multiterm did not help.

Since I did not have the time to dig further into the registry issues, I decided to wipe the computer and installed everything from scratch (WIndows 7). The problem is gone and never came back. Everything works fine now.

PS: In next step I upgraded (and made a full install later) to Windows 10 and everything still works fine.

PS: There are some Windows cleanup programs (Advanced System Optimizer) that cleans the registry. This is the only other suspicious program that could cause such an issue. Unfortunately I got the message of the possible display problem too late but will remember if it ever shows up again.

Kind regards

Nicole
Collapse

Diana Llorente
Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm getting this same problem now :-( Trados freezes when trying when pressing "add a termbase" Aug 1, 2017

Hello,

I ended up in this threat because I have this same problem, I can use term bases if they are already in a project, but when I press "add" to add a new term base, it freezes.

It started happening when I added an autosuggest dictionary, but maybe it's a coincidence, because now I've removed it and the problem is still there.

I use Trados Studio 2014 and Windows 8.1. I don't think that the problem lies in Multiterm, because it freezes before me adding
... See more
Hello,

I ended up in this threat because I have this same problem, I can use term bases if they are already in a project, but when I press "add" to add a new term base, it freezes.

It started happening when I added an autosuggest dictionary, but maybe it's a coincidence, because now I've removed it and the problem is still there.

I use Trados Studio 2014 and Windows 8.1. I don't think that the problem lies in Multiterm, because it freezes before me adding any term base.

Could you shed any light on this? I haven't tried to reinstall Trados yet, as I'd rather avoid the hassle if I can...

Thank you,

Diana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 - Can't add termbases

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »