Rosica Dimitrova
Rosica Dimitrova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:18
Member (2005)
Swedish to Bulgarian
+ ...
Aug 7, 2017

When I double-click on a word, the cursor just moves to the end of the word without marking it (so I can't use "Concordance"). The combination "Click + Shift and arrow" does not mark text either. I started experiencing this problem after installing a trial Studio 2017. Since then I have uninstalled Studio 2017 and re-installed Studio 2015 but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not sure but... Aug 7, 2017

I haven't experienced this myself, I'm currently using Studio 2017 SR1 without any major issues, but if this is happening only in Studio, I would suggest running a repair. It's quick and it can solve some unusual issues.

Rosica Dimitrova
Rosica Dimitrova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:18
Member (2005)
Swedish to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I run a repair? Aug 7, 2017

Thanks. How do I run a repair? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio several times but the problem remains. I've found out that double-clicking selects the text but without highlighting it. When I double-click in Studio 2015 on my backup computer for example, the background of the selected text becomes black. Nothing of the kind happens on the computer on which I installed the trial version of Studio 2017. The background remains unchanged.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Control Panel Aug 7, 2017

If you go to the Windows Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, then go down the list and select Studio, you should see the Repair option next to the Uninstall option.

Hope that helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 - double-clicking on a word does not mark the word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »