Thread poster: Fatima_Zohra
Fatima_Zohra
Fatima_Zohra  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 21, 2017

Hello All,

I am doing a small research on how to handle the headlines/headers when translating marketing campaigns into Arabic, especially when some words, titles mus be kept in English (with title case). Could you please let me know what you think about the following please:

In Arabic, some names or titles are kept in English (as opposed to being transcribed). If that is the case, how would these names/titles be written? i.e. would title case be used at all or is the
... See more
Hello All,

I am doing a small research on how to handle the headlines/headers when translating marketing campaigns into Arabic, especially when some words, titles mus be kept in English (with title case). Could you please let me know what you think about the following please:

In Arabic, some names or titles are kept in English (as opposed to being transcribed). If that is the case, how would these names/titles be written? i.e. would title case be used at all or is the preference in Arabic-speaking countries to capitalise only the first word?
Can you think of any examples that would prove which is the predominant method?

In Arabic, there is a vast use of calligraphy, so is this something that is maybe used to “distinguish” a title from the rest of the text? If so, could you please give some examples?

Thank you for your help
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to handle Title Case when translating headers/titles in marketing campaigns

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »