texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:03
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2012

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the font size of the Translation preview window in memoQ (Build 5.0.60).

The default font size it's too small to read comfortably and it's definitely hard on the eyes.

Thank you for any advice anyone can provide.

Kind regards,

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 00:03
English to Chinese
Change the setting under Appearance Mar 19, 2012

Hi!

Go to Tools>Options>Appearance>Lookup results and change the font size.

It's fun to play with the different settings under Appearance. Give it a try!

Chun-yi

Edited: Hi again, I think I misread your post by thinking you were talking about "translation results window". I have no idea how to change the font size for the preview window, as I normally use it to check the formatting only. Maybe someone else can help.

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the font size of the Translation preview window in memoQ (Build 5.0.60).

The default font size it's too small to read comfortably and it's definitely hard on the eyes.

Thank you for any advice anyone can provide.

Kind regards,

[Edited at 2012-03-19 16:32 GMT]

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Chun-yi Mar 19, 2012

Hi Chun-yi,

Thank you for your prompt reply, but as you already realized the issue is about the Translation preview window.

Have a nice day

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:03
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
probably not possible Mar 19, 2012

Hi,

I'm not completely sure, but I doubt that it's possible to change the preview font size. As it's an automatic xml rendering, I think that the segments in the preview pane must follow the font size of the source text.
It has happened a few times to me that a few segments in the source file are written in a very small font. As I'm using a Mac, I simply used ctrl+the scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom in on the screen and see those parts in the preview better. I'm not sure if
... See more
Hi,

I'm not completely sure, but I doubt that it's possible to change the preview font size. As it's an automatic xml rendering, I think that the segments in the preview pane must follow the font size of the source text.
It has happened a few times to me that a few segments in the source file are written in a very small font. As I'm using a Mac, I simply used ctrl+the scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom in on the screen and see those parts in the preview better. I'm not sure if it's possible to do that on PC as well. Another workaround could be to change the font size of those segments in the source text before import, and than restore the font size after export.

BR/Johan
Collapse

Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just manipulating the file Mar 19, 2012

Hi!

I have already asked myself the same question and I haven't found any way to do it. When it is too small, I actually take the file (Word file for instance), I change the font and I import it again. It works.

JC

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably not possible Mar 19, 2012

What you are seeing in the preview is an HTML version of the document, seen in a viewer that is own to memoQ, not an embedded window of the programme the actual translatable file corresponds to (i.e. MS Word, Excel...). I don't think the preview can be changed to that extent in memoQ, but you might want to email Kilgray's support suggesting the possibility.

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good idea Mar 19, 2012

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

I don't think the preview can be changed to that extent in memoQ, but you might want to email Kilgray's support suggesting the possibility.

Thank you all for your answers so far.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Martin Cross
Martin Cross  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:03
found it Oct 2, 2017

A bit late to the party, but you can just use an ordinary scroll-wheel+ctrl key zoom, like you would on a web page and the font scales accordingly.

Hayley Armstrong
Hayley Armstrong  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:03
Spanish to English
Thankyou Oct 24, 2019

Thankyou Martin - I found the scrolling worked very well. You're an "eyesaver"!

Ahmed ALEM
Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Increasing font size in translations window in memoQ is possible in version 9.2 Dec 15, 2019

Hi,

I am new to memoQ and find my way to this topic when having the same issue. I always want to work on bigger fonts so as not to harm my eyes.

Anyway, it is possible to increase the font in memoQ. I am using version 9.2

In order to this go to the following path:

Tools>Options>Appearance

You can see in this picture where I have increased the font size.

Screenshot_2

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font size in the Translation preview window

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »