Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:45
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 21, 2018

A few days ago something must have changed in the Proz.com website design, because the menu no longer works when I try to use the website on my iPad. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the mobile app, I am talking about using proz.com via Safari browser on iOS on an iPad. The “hamburger” icon (the one with three horizontal rectangles) on the upper right side used to work correctly, but it does not work anymore. It displays the pull-down menu as before, although now the white pulldown is... See more
A few days ago something must have changed in the Proz.com website design, because the menu no longer works when I try to use the website on my iPad. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the mobile app, I am talking about using proz.com via Safari browser on iOS on an iPad. The “hamburger” icon (the one with three horizontal rectangles) on the upper right side used to work correctly, but it does not work anymore. It displays the pull-down menu as before, although now the white pulldown is the width of the entrie screen, and the individual items don’t work. Selecting them only changes the little arrow on the left side of each individual line to point in the other direction.
As it is now, the website is useless on my iPad, as I cannot access the various areas directly. Could this be fixed, please?

Edit: Also, as far as I can see, my post decided to get posted while I was typing the title (I didn’t want to post it), I got an error saying (something went wrong), but in spite of that, the post (empty) appears here on the forum...

[Edited at 2018-06-21 14:43 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:45
SITE STAFF
Thanks for reporting-- is it on the iPad only? Jun 21, 2018

Thanks for reporting this, Katalin. Can you tell me if it is only on the iPad, or if you experience the same issue in Safari elsewhere?

Jared

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further testing info Jun 21, 2018

Jared Tabor wrote:

Thanks for reporting this, Katalin. Can you tell me if it is only on the iPad, or if you experience the same issue in Safari elsewhere?

Jared

Hi Jared,
I tried on a MacBook Pro with Safari, on MacOS X High Sierra, and the website/hamburger menu works fine.
My iPad has iOS 11.4, if it helps.

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
iPad mini Jun 21, 2018

It works fine on my iPad mini.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshot from my iPad Jun 21, 2018

This is what it looks like on my iPad.
No sub-menus show up.
D730F873-32BD-4D95-AF92-491F06B5BBB2

What do you see on yours, Michele?

Michele Fauble
United States
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Same problem on ProZ homepage Jun 21, 2018

It works here on the forum page, but when I go to the ProZ homepage I get the same thing as you.

Michele Fauble
United States
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
ProZ homepage not working Jun 21, 2018

I am unable to click on anything on the homepage now.

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
Thank you for reporting. Fix implemented Jun 22, 2018

Thank you for reporting this. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

I've just put a fix for this on the site. If it resolved your issue, please let me know with a reply or clicking 'Agree'. If it did not fix the problem for you, you might try clearing the cache on your device's browser.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to be fixed now, thanks!- UPDATE: No, it is not fixed Jun 22, 2018

Hi Nate,
Thanks for the fix.
I did have to unload Safari and reload it, but after that it worked.
Katalin
UPDATE: It worked for one page but when I switched to another page -another forum topic, the problem came back. It doesn’t seem to be fixed everywhere.

[Edited at 2018-06-22 02:27 GMT]

UPDATE 2: Once the menu gets messed up, nothing works on the page, you cannot click anywhere. I was able to get back here by clicking on the little person figure t
... See more
Hi Nate,
Thanks for the fix.
I did have to unload Safari and reload it, but after that it worked.
Katalin
UPDATE: It worked for one page but when I switched to another page -another forum topic, the problem came back. It doesn’t seem to be fixed everywhere.

UPDATE 2: Once the menu gets messed up, nothing works on the page, you cannot click anywhere. I was able to get back here by clicking on the little person figure to open up my profile, and there the menu works, so I was able to come back to this forum and post this.

[Edited at 2018-06-22 02:30 GMT]
Collapse

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
Do you know what page you were on? Jun 22, 2018

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

UPDATE 2: Once the menu gets messed up, nothing works on the page, you cannot click anywhere. I was able to get back here by clicking on the little person figure to open up my profile, and there the menu works, so I was able to come back to this forum and post this.

[Edited at 2018-06-22 02:30 GMT]

Are you sure it was on another forum topic that you noticed the problem again? If you can remember the steps you took, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
Please try again. Jun 22, 2018

I believe I found the other problem that was causing issues. How's it working for you now?

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 22:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Icon question Jun 22, 2018

This is what it looks like on my iPad.
No sub-menus show up.
D730F873-32BD-4D95-AF92-491F06B5BBB2

What do you see on yours, Michele?

Is the menu changing depending on the browser or the device?
I don't have the following icons: 1., 6. and 7.
I'm using a laptop.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Katalin Szilárd - Screen/window size Jun 22, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

I'm using a laptop.

I am not sure what you mean by 1, 6, 7, but try change the size of your browser window (make it smaller).
Magic...

The iPad (which is what this thread is about) has a smaller screen with different aspect ratio than most laptops/desktops.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 22:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thanks Jun 22, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

I'm using a laptop.

I am not sure what you mean by 1, 6, 7, but try change the size of your browser window (make it smaller).
Magic...

The iPad (which is what this thread is about) has a smaller screen with different aspect ratio than most laptops/desktops.

The magic worked. Thanks.
Since in the past my profile looked differently and settings worked differently than for others, I was not sure.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Nate - could YOU test it? Jun 22, 2018

HI Nate,
I just briefly tried, and it is still not right. I don't have the time to do a thorough testing and documenting the steps now. Don't you have an iPad around in the Development group to test this? ProZ. com was giving away iPads for membership campaigns...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website no longer works correctly on iPad

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »