Scammer (FAKE Ekaterina Sadikova, ABBYY LS & Traktat United Company, [email protected])
Thread poster: Osminojishe
Osminojishe
Osminojishe
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 29, 2018

Dear translators, editors and translation agencies (especially those who dealed with English>Russian and Japanese>Russian projects in February and March) cheated by FAKE Ekaterina Sadikova (ABBYY LS & Traktat United Company, [email protected])!
Call back, please!
I have some details regarding this matter.
You can contact me by e-mail: [email protected].

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 08:02
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
I just did translation for them (her) Apr 18, 2018

Was contacted by Ekaterina Sadikova to do urgent translation for abbyy lingvo. It had to be split so i got the last piece. Did it working very hard and was promised due payment - however now - after several days nobody is responding. I checked - seems to be legitimate company Abbyy LS and Traktat.

Natalia Kulichkina
Natalia Kulichkina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:02
English to Russian
+ ...
The same Apr 24, 2018

Vladimir Dubisskiy wrote:

Was contacted by Ekaterina Sadikova to do urgent translation for abbyy lingvo. It had to be split so i got the last piece. Did it working very hard and was promised due payment - however now - after several days nobody is responding. I checked - seems to be legitimate company Abbyy LS and Traktat.

Actually, the same. A couple of days ago I was contacted by someone who introduced themselves as this person representing ABBYY, I did a small job for them (fortunately, really small). At the beginning everything looked and sounded quite decent and then they stopped answering e-mails. I have just called ABBYY LS company and they explained to me that there are some scammers acting under the guise of their company who introduce themselves as real employees of ABBYY LS, but send e-mails from fake addresses, which look very much corporate ones. There is an employee who deals with these cases, you might wish to contact them.

Anna Bessonov
Anna Bessonov
United States
Local time: 09:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Scam Apr 24, 2018

There is the entire discussion in Russian part of the forum, scammers use a legit company name and the names of their former employees to deceive translators.

The representative of Abby Lingvo is trying to find the scammers and they are looking for translators' assistance.

Andrew Sabak
Andrew Sabak  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
Russian to English
+ ...
Also trying to research the scam May 12, 2018

I did some work in March for the person "Ekaterina Sadikova" impersonating the real ABBYY / linGVo.ru. The pretext was that they had some rush jobs having to do with the controversy regarding doping allegations against the Russian Federation team. (As I understood it, maybe defending unjustly-accused people in some official agency action, so naturally you want to help.)
The translations (RU -> EN) were in March, and when I followed up several days ago for payment after returning from a
... See more
I did some work in March for the person "Ekaterina Sadikova" impersonating the real ABBYY / linGVo.ru. The pretext was that they had some rush jobs having to do with the controversy regarding doping allegations against the Russian Federation team. (As I understood it, maybe defending unjustly-accused people in some official agency action, so naturally you want to help.)
The translations (RU -> EN) were in March, and when I followed up several days ago for payment after returning from a trip , found out from real-ABBYY that the group (including the fake "Ekaterina") were impersonating ABBYY.
I have sent in to the real ABBYY / linGVo.ru my complete email correspondence with the scammers, and copies of the materials I had received for translation (mostly from the official Russian sports ministry.)
From quick research, I do know that linVGo.ru was registered October 12, 2017 in Moscow with the www.net.ru registry company, and have used ISPs in Boulder Colorado USA and Hong Kong for some emails.
It looks to me at the moment that this is an international conspiracy to destroy the good name of a well-respected Russian company.
I hope nobody has given real-ABBYY any bad ratings because of the evil done by someone not associated with them!
Collapse

Stephanie Pilote-Koukoutsis
Stephanie Pilote-Koukoutsis
United States
English to French
Request from ALS LTD/TRAKTAT/Abbyy Jun 6, 2018

Just received an email from a person named Yulia Ageeva requesting my EN>FR services. Email address (abbyy-IS.com) seems legit, but she gave 2 different websites https://abbyy-ls.com and www.en.als.ltd which made my doubtful. So glad I found this post, it looked real and I was getting ready to send the documents they were requesting (d... See more
Just received an email from a person named Yulia Ageeva requesting my EN>FR services. Email address (abbyy-IS.com) seems legit, but she gave 2 different websites https://abbyy-ls.com and www.en.als.ltd which made my doubtful. So glad I found this post, it looked real and I was getting ready to send the documents they were requesting (diploma, recommendation letters, ATA certificate).Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Yulia Ageeva Oct 29, 2018

is not a scammer. She works (or worked as of about 6 months ago) for Abbyy. That's not to say that somebody may not have hacked her contact details.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer (FAKE Ekaterina Sadikova, ABBYY LS & Traktat United Company, [email protected])

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »