Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 19:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2014

Hi all,

Here i am with another Studio 2014 adventure.

Here is the story. Completed a quick PPT generated by TagEditor 2007 and completed with Studio 2014 the customer comes back to me complaining that they can't open the file and the message generated is the one in object "TagEditor - (40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’".

A quick search showed another two cases (one in Proz, one in Yahoo groups) where this issue was reported but
... See more
Hi all,

Here i am with another Studio 2014 adventure.

Here is the story. Completed a quick PPT generated by TagEditor 2007 and completed with Studio 2014 the customer comes back to me complaining that they can't open the file and the message generated is the one in object "TagEditor - (40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’".

A quick search showed another two cases (one in Proz, one in Yahoo groups) where this issue was reported but never answered.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this incompatibility. Please don't suggest complicated procedures that require lots of time because i work on tight schedules and normally have no time to go for those?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico
Collapse

Anders Arlberg
Anders Arlberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:19
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
(40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’ Apr 2, 2014

I have the same problem, and my customer (and myself) have no clue how to correct this. Any ideas?? Needless to say; deadline is history..

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The likely cause... Apr 2, 2014

... is one of these:

- the TTX was unsegmented and Studio finished it off with Studio segmentation and tagging
- the TTX was opened using smart tag pairing in Studio

The solution would be to open the TTX again after correcting the appropriate issues above and then pretranslate from your TM and try again.

If that does not work you can send me the original TTX and the fully translated sdlxliff and I’ll be happy to take a look (if this is allowed?).... See more
... is one of these:

- the TTX was unsegmented and Studio finished it off with Studio segmentation and tagging

The solution would be to open the TTX again after correcting the appropriate issues above and then pretranslate from your TM and try again.

If that does not work you can send me the original TTX and the fully translated sdlxliff and I’ll be happy to take a look (if this is allowed?).

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Anders Arlberg
Anders Arlberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
(40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’ Apr 2, 2014

I'd love your help with this one, Paul. I have already tried the other suggestions, and Zipping/UnZipping the file did not help, neither can I spot missing 'Raw' -tag at the end of the file.
I am in dialogue with the customer now, to check confidentiality issues, and I'll send you the files if I receive a "Go". (Please indicate to which e-mail I could send you the files, though.......
See more
I'd love your help with this one, Paul. I have already tried the other suggestions, and Zipping/UnZipping the file did not help, neither can I spot missing 'Raw' -tag at the end of the file.
I am in dialogue with the customer now, to check confidentiality issues, and I'll send you the files if I receive a "Go". (Please indicate to which e-mail I could send you the files, though.... )

Kind regards [email protected]
Collapse

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My settings are right Apr 3, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... is one of these:

If that does not work you can send me the original TTX and the fully translated sdlxliff and I’ll be happy to take a look (if this is allowed?).

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

My settings are right apparently:

- Filetypes > TRADOStag > Compatibility
Treat all inline tags as placeholders (disable smart tag pairing) is TICKED.

- Following other blogs i also opened the file and checked all RAW tags but they OPEN/CLOSE combinations are all good.

May i ask you if rebuilding a TTX from the original PPT with TTXit may work better? I don't have the file on hand but the customer may be eager to send it to me for testing.

Thanks

Enrico

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I wouldn't use TTXit! for this... Apr 3, 2014

... because this also creates an unsegmented TTX. Checking the opening/closed tags isn't necessarily the answer. In fact sometimes this is the problem as TagEditor can use placeholders, in fact often expects placeholders, where Studio will complete the segmentation in an unsegmented TTX with proper tag pairs. So an unsegmented TTX in the first place may well be your problem.

Better to use Workbench with "segment unknown sentences" checked, or use SDL Legit! instead of TTXit! whic
... See more
... because this also creates an unsegmented TTX. Checking the opening/closed tags isn't necessarily the answer. In fact sometimes this is the problem as TagEditor can use placeholders, in fact often expects placeholders, where Studio will complete the segmentation in an unsegmented TTX with proper tag pairs. So an unsegmented TTX in the first place may well be your problem.

Better to use Workbench with "segment unknown sentences" checked, or use SDL Legit! instead of TTXit! which will always segment the entire document on the basis of Trados 2007. See this article : http://wp.me/s2xDjK-unclean

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Apr 4, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

Better to use Workbench with "segment unknown sentences" checked, or use SDL Legit! instead of TTXit! which will always segment the entire document on the basis of Trados 2007. See this article : http://wp.me/s2xDjK-unclean

Regards

Paul

Deeply appreciated. Will make experiments on it as soon as i have time.

Regards

Enrico

Ronald van Riet
Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
any news on this? May 10, 2014

in the past week and after upgrading to Studio 2014 SP1, I have had this issue twice with largish files (> 4 MB, come to think of it not that large) and the only way around it was to import the original source files (doc and pptx respectively) into the same project and fix all tag related issues. Each time a day or so delay in getting a useable translation to the customer, many hours gone to waste going over the same translations again plus non standard procedures with the customers (who are not... See more
in the past week and after upgrading to Studio 2014 SP1, I have had this issue twice with largish files (> 4 MB, come to think of it not that large) and the only way around it was to import the original source files (doc and pptx respectively) into the same project and fix all tag related issues. Each time a day or so delay in getting a useable translation to the customer, many hours gone to waste going over the same translations again plus non standard procedures with the customers (who are not too amused).

This has never happened to me before.

I have checked the ttx and sdlxliff settings in Studio (embedded file size is at 60 MB now) but all seems fine.

I would really appreciate some REAL solution to this instead of "check setting such-and-such" which then turns out to be correct after all...

[Edited at 2014-05-10 15:51 GMT]
Collapse

Bjørnar Magnussen
Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Be careful with number-only segments Aug 18, 2014

If you recieve a pretranslated TTX file from your client and still encounter this problem, you should try leaving all the number-only segments empty (not copy source to target).

If you translate number-only segments, Studio will insert it's own segmentation, which can cause trouble.

Ahnan Alex
Ahnan Alex  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:19
Member (2010)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Have the same issue Sep 15, 2014

I recently have the same issue as you talked about. Client sent me some ttx files and I translated them using Trados 2014. It seems that the issue appeared and I was reading the thread all through...

I tried opening them using Trados 2011 and run the TM and it works fine (create a project will be another good option). I do not encounter the issue as the Trados 2014 created..... It is for your information. I hope it is helpful....
See more
I recently have the same issue as you talked about. Client sent me some ttx files and I translated them using Trados 2014. It seems that the issue appeared and I was reading the thread all through...

I tried opening them using Trados 2011 and run the TM and it works fine (create a project will be another good option). I do not encounter the issue as the Trados 2014 created..... It is for your information. I hope it is helpful.

Ahnan
Collapse

Tom Ryan
Tom Ryan
Ireland
Local time: 11:19
French to English
+ ...
Error when cleaning up in 2014 but not 2011 Sep 19, 2014

I received 3 ttx files from a customer, created a project in Studio 2014, translated the files and saved the files back as ttx files without any issue.

However, when I tried opening them in Tag Editor I got the same error:
(40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’

If I leave all target segments blank and save target as the file the original ttx format, it opens fine in Tag Editor, but not after translating the segments.

Just to t
... See more
I received 3 ttx files from a customer, created a project in Studio 2014, translated the files and saved the files back as ttx files without any issue.

However, when I tried opening them in Tag Editor I got the same error:
(40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’

If I leave all target segments blank and save target as the file the original ttx format, it opens fine in Tag Editor, but not after translating the segments.

Just to test things, I created the very same project in Studio 2011, translated the files and saved the target in the original ttx format.
These DID open fine in Tag Editor.

This leads me to believe that Studio 2014 is doing something to the coding when saving.

If an older version of the tool cleans things up without issue, surely the newest version should at least do the same?

Can someone at SDL please advise what the issue might be with Studio 2014?

Thanks,

Tom
Collapse

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Croatian
+ ...
I am also having the same problem... Oct 8, 2014

I am also having the same problem after translating the TTX file in Studio 2014 and I get the same error as others.

I would appreciate it if SDL would try to find a solution to this as I am currently stuck and I do not know what to do...

The new version of Studio obviously has some problems...but they need to be addressed and we do not have time to wait so long

Thank you for your help and attention.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
This problem... Oct 8, 2014

... is almost certainly related to not translating fully segmented TTX files. Please review this article as it might help : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-um

However, if you don't believe this is the case please send me the original TTX you are trying to translate, and your fully translated sdlxliff
... See more
... is almost certainly related to not translating fully segmented TTX files. Please review this article as it might help : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-um

However, if you don't believe this is the case please send me the original TTX you are trying to translate, and your fully translated sdlxliff and I'll be happy to take a look and see if I can help.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Marceline
Marceline
United States
Local time: 04:19
Japanese to English
I just encountered this problem as well.... Jan 23, 2015

I ended up having to re-do the entire ttx file in Studio 2011.

Just another data point.

I wonder if these files are all coming from the same client?

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Same problem... Mar 10, 2016

...a year later. I've incurred the anger of a client, great.

Why are these problems not solved? It's not as if this is freeware or even cheapware

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor - (40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag ‘Raw’

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »