Guido Villa
Guido Villa  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 00:08
Member (2006)
German to Italian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2016

Hi, I run a translation agency, and since the time I was using Trados 2014 - now I am using 2015 - I am experiencing a serious problem with most translators who receive my project packages. That is, they see the message "one or more files you selected are marked as read only".
I know that I can somehow solve the problems by letting them return the translation in the .sdlxliff file only, without project, but I would like to know the solution to the problems of my sending read-only files. Ho
... See more
Hi, I run a translation agency, and since the time I was using Trados 2014 - now I am using 2015 - I am experiencing a serious problem with most translators who receive my project packages. That is, they see the message "one or more files you selected are marked as read only".
I know that I can somehow solve the problems by letting them return the translation in the .sdlxliff file only, without project, but I would like to know the solution to the problems of my sending read-only files. How can I make them usable and translatable?

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards
Guido
Collapse

Rodrigo Yanez
Rodrigo Yanez
Chile
Local time: 18:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have the same problem Oct 4, 2017

Hi, I have the same problem described by Guido, but in this case, I'm receiving the project packages from a PM and when I open them the files appear as "Read-only", so I can not generate the return package. Any help will be much appreciated.

Martin Kovac
Martin Kovac
Local time: 00:08
English to Slovak
+ ...
solution May 30, 2018

I dont know why it happen, but the solution is to close Studio, open the project definition file (*.sdlproj) in Notepad or so, search for "ReferenceFile" and replace it with "WorkFile".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selected files marked as read only

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »