Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 17, 2017

Can anybody explain why the progress indicator in the Studio Files view behaves so strangely? First it shows 60 % and an orange bar, in the middle of the work after saving it said 89 % and showed a green bar, but after finishing again 60 % and again orange.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:39
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
A word count should fix it Oct 17, 2017

I regretably cannot explain the behaviour, but it seems in general that if you run a word count, it fixes that issue.

Roy

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
At least not this time Oct 17, 2017

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I regretably cannot explain the behaviour, but it seems in general that if you run a word count, it fixes that issue.

Roy

Nor does a translation count.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:39
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Updating the main memories? Oct 17, 2017

I have never had your problem, as far as I remember, but updating the memories helps occasionally when I have merged segments and the word count does not match.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Progress: first 89 %, then only 60

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »