SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Not found (non trouvé)
Thread poster: Nicolas Chaffaut
Nicolas Chaffaut
Nicolas Chaffaut  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:28
English to French
+ ...
Feb 14, 2018

Hello every one!

I have a sudden issue with SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1. For an unknown reason, my laptop crashed (black screen). I had to switch it off and reboot it. And when I tried to launch Studio to resume my work, there was an error message saying "not found" (non trouvé in French). I uninstalled and re-installed the whole suite but this didn't solve the problem. When needed, I have a screenshot.

Thanks for your help!

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please elaborate Feb 14, 2018

"Not found" - what exactly? Your files or the whole SDL Studio?

Are you able to launch other programs?

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nr. 1: Do not panic! Feb 14, 2018

Nicolas Chaffaut wrote:

Hello every one!

I have a sudden issue with SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1. For an unknown reason, my laptop crashed (black screen). I had to switch it off and reboot it. And when I tried to launch Studio to resume my work, there was an error message saying "not found" (non trouvé in French). I uninstalled and re-installed the whole suite but this didn't solve the problem. When needed, I have a screenshot.

Thanks for your help!

A suggestion: don't panic. Honestly. Turn your laptop off and take a deep breath.
Then turn it on and check your system and look for Trados within the programs or the file you were looking for.
Just don't panic, you will do more harm when you panic.

Kardas Tradu
Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Repair the installation through the Control Panel Feb 14, 2018

Nicolas Chaffaut wrote:

Hello every one!

Thanks for your help!

Repair SDL Trados Studio 2017 through the Control Panel. Go to "Control Panel > Programs" and click "Uninstall a Program" option. Select "SDL Trados Studio 2017" from the list (left click), and then click on "Repair".

Nicolas Chaffaut
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More details Feb 14, 2018

@Natalie, Studio is 1st launching correctly (Studio logo) and then displays this error message...

@Katalin, I did so many times (even waited a few hours) but this still happens.

@Kardas Tradu, repairing didn't work, unfortunately

I try to launch it with the short cut or directly with the EXE-file in the installation directory but it still won't work.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Maybe this will work Feb 15, 2018

Save the whole program (the whole folder) to a different device (to be sure not to lose it).
Don't forget to have the serial key as well.
Then uninstall Trados. Delete the whole folder, even from the trash. Then go to SDL's website and download the whole program again. Install it and see whether it works.

Kardas Tradu
Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Restore the system to a certain date... Feb 15, 2018

Nicolas Chaffaut wrote:

@Natalie, Studio is 1st launching correctly (Studio logo) and then displays this error message...

@Katalin, I did so many times (even waited a few hours) but this still happens.

@Kardas Tradu, repairing didn't work, unfortunately

I try to launch it with the short cut or directly with the EXE-file in the installation directory but it still won't work.

Sorry to hear that...Try to restore your computer to an earlier date (the date before the crash occured):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jr79R-XVc4

Nicolas Chaffaut
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Feb 16, 2018

This whole story was really due to my laptop's crash since I had exactly the same problem with Across. I had to reset my laptop and reinstall everything. Now everything is fine, thank you for your answers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Not found (non trouvé)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »