dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:18
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

Hello everyone;

I am trying to find a technical dictionary Arabic- English and English-Arabic. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for a good one and a good website to purchase it online. I found a few sites, but I wanted to make sure first, because I purchased some dictionaries before on other topics but I was not very impressed.

I am also looking for a medical dictionary as well, I have one, but somewhat old and I would like to keep it up to date.
... See more
Hello everyone;

I am trying to find a technical dictionary Arabic- English and English-Arabic. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for a good one and a good website to purchase it online. I found a few sites, but I wanted to make sure first, because I purchased some dictionaries before on other topics but I was not very impressed.

I am also looking for a medical dictionary as well, I have one, but somewhat old and I would like to keep it up to date.

Any recommendation would be helpful

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Glosspost Sep 12, 2008

Hi dmoamin!

Hope you find the glossaries just posted on this forum useful. This isn't entirely a coincidence - your posting just reminded me that it's been a few days since I last vetted any glossaries posted on GlossPost by our colleagues.

dmoamin
United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 12, 2008

Hello Nisreen,

Thank you so much, I didn’t know that we had those great tools here. I really appreciate your help.

I will add them to my favorite and for sure I will use them. Would I be able to add my own as well?

I am still looking though for a technical dictionary, any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks a lot again this is great.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
Bilingual technical references = which technical fields or technologies? Sep 12, 2008

Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...

Re your query about bilingual technical references

May be helpful to Nesrin and others of us in providing suitable recommendations if you would kindly clarify ***which*** technical fields or technologies are of primary or first interest?

Do you seek online interactive glossaries only and/or hard-copy publications?

Thank you in advance for your clarification. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,
... See more
Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...

Re your query about bilingual technical references

May be helpful to Nesrin and others of us in providing suitable recommendations if you would kindly clarify ***which*** technical fields or technologies are of primary or first interest?

Do you seek online interactive glossaries only and/or hard-copy publications?

Thank you in advance for your clarification. Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke

San Pedro, California, USA
Collapse

dmoamin
United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 13, 2008

Greetings, Ahlan Wa Sahlan and thank you for your help in advance.
I am looking for both, online glossaries & hard copy. I researched online a few times for hard copies but the problem is there are no sample pages or summaries of the dictionaries which makes it really hard to know if it is useful. Most of the dictionaries I found had a summary about the reasons behind writing the dictionary, and about the writer, which isn’t enough temptation for me to purchase it.

I guess I
... See more
Greetings, Ahlan Wa Sahlan and thank you for your help in advance.
I am looking for both, online glossaries & hard copy. I researched online a few times for hard copies but the problem is there are no sample pages or summaries of the dictionaries which makes it really hard to know if it is useful. Most of the dictionaries I found had a summary about the reasons behind writing the dictionary, and about the writer, which isn’t enough temptation for me to purchase it.

I guess I am looking more for " Tools & Equipments" related dictionary.

I also have a questions about Glosspost, if I may, is there a way to look up a specific term or word? I noticed that I can choose a topic , but , I cannot search a specific term, or maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Thanks a lot again for the help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Technical & medical dictionary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »