نصيحة
Thread poster: yasmin_mostafa
yasmin_mostafa
yasmin_mostafa
Local time: 08:55
Feb 20, 2012

سلام عليكم..
سأثقل عليكم بسؤال فلا تؤاخذوني..انا خريجة علوم الحاسب مما يدل علي عدم صلتي بمجال الترجمة و لكن كان حلمي منذ الصغر ان اكون مترجمة..تركت عملي بمجال دراستي و بدأت في دبلومة الترجمة بالجامعة الأمريكية بالقاهرة..انهيت أول شهادة بها اللتي تمثل الترجمة العامة..الآن أريد ان اتدرب علي ما درسته.. فهل من سبيل لذلك...فبم تنصحوني.

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Welcome to the refugee camp Feb 20, 2012

Almost every translator I know started somewhere else and then sought refuge in the translation field for one reason or another. I started out in engineering, then shifted to music, then to general translation, then to philosophy, then to medical interpreting, then back to general translation, then to medical referral. Career shifting seems to be built into the translators' DNA.

A good way to begin training is to peruse translation work of reputable professionals, making sure to c
... See more
Almost every translator I know started somewhere else and then sought refuge in the translation field for one reason or another. I started out in engineering, then shifted to music, then to general translation, then to philosophy, then to medical interpreting, then back to general translation, then to medical referral. Career shifting seems to be built into the translators' DNA.

A good way to begin training is to peruse translation work of reputable professionals, making sure to compare source and target documents. It will be helpful to you if these professionals can make themselves available to answer questions about selectivity, technique, and general approach.

In the end, however, there is no substitute for getting your own feet wet, preferably under the guidance of a trained hand. I would recommend that you start out by volunteering to review translations before being sent to clients. Good translators appreciate input from professionals who are willing to offer reflections and recommendations, even those with lesser expertise.

The next step will be to perform translation from scratch and to have someone you trust provide you with feedback. Beware of anyone who provides rigid boundaries. By now, you probably know that translation is an art of compromise, with multiple ways to resolve dilemmas. Much of the fun of translation is found in exploring different solutions and weighing their relative merits.

Welcome to the refugee camp.
Collapse

yasmin_mostafa
yasmin_mostafa
Local time: 08:55
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 23, 2012

thank you soo much for the advice...helpful and informtaive..wish me luck then

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

نصيحة

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »