Autor de la hebra: sungy
sungy
sungy  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:35
inglés al chino
Aug 11, 2009

Hello every colleges:

A very kind woman told me this website.I would like to say thank you to her.

Nice to meet you all!

I would like to ask you a question.As a new one here,how can I get a job?
If I apply for one,could I get the answer from the customer even if I am not chosen.

Thank you very much
sungy

[Edited at 2009-08-11 06:58 GMT]

Adsion Liu
Adsion Liu  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 11:35
inglés al chino
+ ...
Welcome! Aug 11, 2009

You are warmly welcome, Sungy!

To get a job, you should first complete your profile to its best, and then make sure to subscribe your suitable job notifications so as to receive messages when suitable jobs coming for which you can apply/bid...

I am not sure nor responsible for every answer from the potential customers whatever you are accepted or not, which all depends:-) Anyway, hope you always run into potentials good enough, and you turn every potential into your act
... See more
You are warmly welcome, Sungy!

To get a job, you should first complete your profile to its best, and then make sure to subscribe your suitable job notifications so as to receive messages when suitable jobs coming for which you can apply/bid...

I am not sure nor responsible for every answer from the potential customers whatever you are accepted or not, which all depends:-) Anyway, hope you always run into potentials good enough, and you turn every potential into your actual customer:-)

Good luck and enjoy!
Collapse

sungy
sungy  Identity Verified
China
inglés al chino
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Adsion Aug 11, 2009

Thank you Adsion.I will try it laterly.
Sungy

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Check the English forum: Getting established Aug 12, 2009

There are many useful tips and suggesions for newbies as to how to creat an attractive profile, how to apply for jobs, how to contact potential clients, etc,etc...

Bear in mind, English-Chinese is one of the most crowded pairs in the translation market. It may take weeks, or even months to get a job, even for a well-qualified translator with a highly attractive profile.

sungy
sungy  Identity Verified
China
inglés al chino
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Bin Tiede Aug 12, 2009

Thank you for your message,Bin Tiede.Yes,It is so crowded here that I worry if I can get a reply.

Adsion Liu
Adsion Liu  Identity Verified
Canadá
inglés al chino
+ ...
Dont worry Aug 12, 2009

hehe, don't worry, but do with no hurry; use your confidence and patience, you are bound to get the cherry:-)

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

As a new one here,how can I get a job

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »