新人报道
Thread poster: foreverfishe (X)
coolfool
coolfool
China
Local time: 01:38
Chinese to English
Renderer proposes, client disposes Nov 1, 2014

The long and short of the above-mentioned beef is, in my eyes, one is supposed not to beef about the beef per sa and praise one’s own beef.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:38
Chinese to English
+ ...
nice use of the word beef Nov 1, 2014

coolfool wrote:

The long and short of the above-mentioned beef is, in my eyes, one is supposed not to beef about the beef per sa and praise one’s own beef.

coolfool,

But how does this apply to the OP using 枚 as a quantifier to refer to him or her self?

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:38
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
welcome to the forum, OP Nov 2, 2014

wherestip wrote:

coolfool wrote:

coolfool,

But how does this apply to the OP using 枚 as a quantifier to refer to him or her self?

I am not sure what the riff raff is all about. Language changes all the time. The actual degree of formality changes over time. I use that same quantifier like the OP all the time and I also hear it frequently enough from my Mandarin speaking friends. I also personally find it rather cute.

Anyhoo deviating from the conversations above I just want to extend a warm welcome to the OP. As the other moderator of the Chinese forum I also wish that you will take full advantage of our site's features and actively participate in our various conversations.

I have not been surfacing for the past little while as I was travelling and currently I am back in Asia for about the next six months. FYI to all those reading the forum that David is now based in UK time zone while I am in GMT +8. Feel free to connect with us should you have any questions.

Welcome once again to Proz!

coolfool
coolfool
China
Local time: 01:38
Chinese to English
Mélange of Words Nov 4, 2014

I, not being a pro, and I alone, is of good-for-nothing beyond doubt. The rest strutting in and out here ought to be gentlemen or gentlewomen, you included of course.

Failing to land any jobs, I’m double-talking off and on chop-suey and crossing swords in the mêlée for merely a few days with a fellow member or two not yet on a first-name basis, without having consequently found enough time to grab enough green busks to support my family. Is it against the law, or laws, laid down
... See more
I, not being a pro, and I alone, is of good-for-nothing beyond doubt. The rest strutting in and out here ought to be gentlemen or gentlewomen, you included of course.

Failing to land any jobs, I’m double-talking off and on chop-suey and crossing swords in the mêlée for merely a few days with a fellow member or two not yet on a first-name basis, without having consequently found enough time to grab enough green busks to support my family. Is it against the law, or laws, laid down by the website? If so, do let me know. I’m a rare breed of fool who notices notices. I’ll never wear a brown hat in Friesland.
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:38
Chinese to English
+ ...
Good to know Nov 4, 2014

coolfool wrote:

Failing to land any jobs, I’m double-talking off and on chop-suey ...

I must say, it's kind of entertaining.

[Edited at 2014-11-04 14:31 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

新人报道

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »