María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 1, 2009

American Translators Association Certification Exam
http://www.atanet.org/certification/upcoming.php

ATA will be testing the morning of Friday, May 15, 2009, during the NAJIT 30th Annual Conference that takes place in Scottsdale, AZ.

I hope this
... See more
American Translators Association Certification Exam
http://www.atanet.org/certification/upcoming.php

ATA will be testing the morning of Friday, May 15, 2009, during the NAJIT 30th Annual Conference that takes place in Scottsdale, AZ.

I hope this notice is not too late, because the cutoff date for regular registration is tomorrow, May 1. If anyone registers after that, there is an additional late fee. The registration form needs to be in ATA’s offices by the start of business on Monday to not be subject to that late fee.

I checked with ATA's headquarters and there is still space. Colleagues living in Arizona should take advantage of this opportunity. I had to take my exam in Denver and that was stressful.

I checked with staff before posting. As this issue is time-sensitive and I think it is interesting for many colleagues, I am posting it taking into account the standards below.

* Announcing events via the forums will be allowed. The proper place for such announcements is the "Language Industry Events" forum:

http://www.proz.com/forum/language_industry_events_announcements-16.html

* One announcement may be posted per event. Additional announcements (ex. "reminder", "final call") are not allowed.

See you there!
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Apparently much too late May 1, 2009

It's not even listed on the ATA site (not even on the URL provided by forum poster).
Plus there are certain conditions that have be met. For instance:

Candidate must have been a member of ATA for at least four weeks prior to the exam date and all candidates not currently ATA certified must have offered proof of eligibility in order to register for the exam. All sittings have a maximum capacity and admission is based on the order in which registrations are received at Headqua
... See more
It's not even listed on the ATA site (not even on the URL provided by forum poster).
Plus there are certain conditions that have be met. For instance:

Candidate must have been a member of ATA for at least four weeks prior to the exam date and all candidates not currently ATA certified must have offered proof of eligibility in order to register for the exam. All sittings have a maximum capacity and admission is based on the order in which registrations are received at Headquarters.
http://www.atanet.org/certification/upcoming_exam_sittings.php

Collapse

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will try to find more information May 1, 2009

You are right: it seems indeed too late. The information concerning the exam being given in Scottsdale has disappeared. Naturally, I double checked before posting. I will try to find another link.

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA Certification Exam - Scottsdale, AZ, May 15, 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »