Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET
wearethewords
wearethewords
Belgium
Local time: 15:42
Dutch to French
+ ...
my condolences Dec 19, 2002

I did not know David neither but I feel sad too. My deepest thoughts to his wife and daughter.

aes (X)
aes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:12
Korean to English
+ ...
Condolences Dec 19, 2002

I don\'t know Mr. Arpin personally, yet it is very sad to know another member colleague has passed away. My sincere condolences to his wife and family members. May his soul rest in peace.

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-20 22:36]

orietta l'abbate
orietta l'abbate
English to Italian
+ ...
Condoglianze Dec 19, 2002

Alla famiglia le piu\' vive condoglianze.

Sara\' ricordato con affetto e gratitudine anche dalla famiglia virtuale.

nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
...such a sudden end! Dec 19, 2002

I can only confirm and repeat what my colleagues here at ProZ and on all the discussion lists for freelance translators say:

His comments on all those lists used to be very competent, he was a friend to lots of translators throughout the world who never met him personally.

We will miss him!

My sincere condolences go out to his family.

Kerstin Mouhannaya
[addsig]

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:42
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Heartfelt sympathy Dec 19, 2002

I express my heartfelt sympathy to David\'s widow and daughter, and words cannot express how we feel for you at this time. May God give peace, peace in the innermost part of your hearts.

With kind respect,

Bill Greendyk

Rita Bandinelli
Rita Bandinelli
English to Italian
+ ...
My thoughts are with you Dec 19, 2002

I had not the pleasure to know David personally. I have read his comments on many occasions and they were always sensible and pleasant to read.

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Rita

A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
Australia
Local time: 23:42
my condolences to his family Dec 19, 2002

although I did not know David personally, I wish to express my deepest condolences to his family-

Jennifer Brinckmann
Jennifer Brinckmann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:42
English to Spanish
My deepest sympathies Dec 19, 2002

I met David Orpin a few years back and he helped me get started in the translation business on the Internet.

I am very sad to see him go so soon.

But he will be remembered always.

My deepest sympathies to his wive and daugther.

Jennifer Brinckmann

http://www.brinckmann-intl.com

Werner George Patels (X)
Werner George Patels (X)
German to English
+ ...
Farewell, David Dec 19, 2002

Thank you, Nath, but I am back in.

I cannot find the words to describe my shock when I learned of David\'s passing away on Monday.

David and I often clashed in some heated arguments on various lists, but we always managed to reconcile our differences of opinion.

David made countless valuable contributions to various discussions on our profession.

My heart and thoughts are with David\'s family; he will be great
... See more
Thank you, Nath, but I am back in.

I cannot find the words to describe my shock when I learned of David\'s passing away on Monday.

David and I often clashed in some heated arguments on various lists, but we always managed to reconcile our differences of opinion.

David made countless valuable contributions to various discussions on our profession.

My heart and thoughts are with David\'s family; he will be greatly missed.

Quote:

On 2002-12-18 21:06, CTIS wrote:

** I am editing my post to add my very dear friend \"Werner Patels\" wishes to mine as he is unable to post on Proz at the moment **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Catherine for your post...

David was a very active contributor in many aspects of our profession and we will miss him all very much.

David leaves behind his wife, Angelika and his daughter, Fiona...

Please join us all tomorrow in a minute of silence for David at Noon (GMT) time.

We would like to convey our sincere condolences to his family & friends.

Respectfully,

Nathalie Girard-Grace & Werner George Patels

[ This Message was edited byn2002-12-18 23:03]

Collapse

ADDAM Translations (X)
ADDAM Translations (X)
Local time: 14:42
Swedish to English
+ ...
Deepest sympathies Dec 19, 2002

We recently became acquainted with David when we did a small job for him. Everybody at Addam Translations offers his family our deepest sympathies.

Sonora Translations
Sonora Translations
United States
Local time: 06:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Condolences Dec 19, 2002

My deepest condolences to the Orpin family, his friends and collegues. His wisdom and contributions to the industry will be missed.

April Berumen

Sonora Translations

Savas Saricicek
Savas Saricicek
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:42
English to Turkish
+ ...
Condolonces to the Orpin family and Colleques... Dec 19, 2002

I am sorry to hear sad news of a colleque and offer my condolences to Orpin family and proz world.I hope he may rest in peace. We all come from God and our return is to Him.

Mr.Savas Saricicek

Pat Melgar
Pat Melgar  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:42
English to Spanish
my heartfelt sympathy Dec 19, 2002

I wish to extend my heartfelt sympathy to the Orpin family since the passing of our Colleague David. He will be warmly remembered as a man of an exceptional talent. May the memories of your years together sustain you all and bring you strength and peace.

Pat Melgar

Buenos Aires

ARGENTINA

Russ
Russ
Local time: 10:42
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
My condolences Dec 20, 2002

Reciban mis condolencias. Please receive may condolences. May he rest in peace!!! Best regards! Russ

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
What a loss for our community... Dec 20, 2002

...and what an injustice that David had to leave our world at such an age, so suddenly...

I did not know David in person - and as far as I recall, he hadn\'t been with ProZ for that long. From what I noticed of his contributions, however, I quickly got the impression of a truly competent and humorous colleague. You will be missed, \"Transdave\"!

My heartfelt condolences go to his wife and daughter. May you draw strength and courage from the support of o
... See more
...and what an injustice that David had to leave our world at such an age, so suddenly...

I did not know David in person - and as far as I recall, he hadn\'t been with ProZ for that long. From what I noticed of his contributions, however, I quickly got the impression of a truly competent and humorous colleague. You will be missed, \"Transdave\"!

My heartfelt condolences go to his wife and daughter. May you draw strength and courage from the support of our community in these sad hours and days.

Steffen
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

David Orpin has passed away.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »