Thread poster: Natali Franc (X)
Natali Franc (X)
Natali Franc (X)
United States
Local time: 07:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2009

I am writing a little training material for the company I work with and the title will be something like: "Working with and Interpreter" As part of the introduction I want to put a quote or a saying that has to do with Interpreting or that was written by an Interpreter. Does anyone know of a good one or have you come up with a good quote? Something that has to do directly with interpreting.

Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 15:30
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
My favourite Sep 3, 2009

While I was yet a translation student, our interpreting lectures started with this verse quoted by our teacher by heart:

Many critics, no defenders,
Translators have but two regrets:
When they hit, no-one remembers,
When they miss, no-one forgets.

Looks like it's anonymous, but...veeeery true....
See more
While I was yet a translation student, our interpreting lectures started with this verse quoted by our teacher by heart:

Many critics, no defenders,
Translators have but two regrets:
When they hit, no-one remembers,
When they miss, no-one forgets.

Looks like it's anonymous, but...veeeery true.

Have a nice day.

http://www.westenbrink.net/en/index.html
Collapse

Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Post in the 'Interpreting' forum Sep 3, 2009

Have you considered posting about this same topic in the "Interpreting" forum? It couldn't hurt to post there as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting Quotes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »