Research on Multilingualism
Thread poster: Language fan
Mar 11, 2012

Hi translators and other language fans!

My name is Vera and I'm doing my PhD at the Potsdam Research Institute for Multilingualism (PRIM). We're investigating whether native and nonnative languages are processed differently. Our research will help us to better understand language processing and thus ultimately help develop better language teaching methods as well as improve treatments for people with language disorders.

We're running different psycholinguistic experime
... See more
Hi translators and other language fans!

My name is Vera and I'm doing my PhD at the Potsdam Research Institute for Multilingualism (PRIM). We're investigating whether native and nonnative languages are processed differently. Our research will help us to better understand language processing and thus ultimately help develop better language teaching methods as well as improve treatments for people with language disorders.

We're running different psycholinguistic experiments (e.g. measuring eye-movents during reading or reaction times). At the moment we're looking for participants who speak two languages fluently (German - English and German - Russian, with at least one of these being the native language) and I thought some of you might be interested in taking part in our research (by the way, you'll get a compensation for your time). Translators are ideal candidates because they use at least two languages on a daily basis.

Most of the eperiments take place at the campus in Golm (just outside of Potsdam; so, a trip there can be easily combined with a castle tour) but for some we're flexible and can come to meet you somewhere else in the area around Potsdam and Berlin.

So, if you're interested, please check out our website (http://www.uni-potsdam.de/prim/index.html) and get in touch with us!

Thanks for your interest!

Best,
Vera
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on Multilingualism

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »