Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
MS Word 2003 won't close properly
Thread poster: Hans-Gerhard Leppert
Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
gotcha! Feb 10, 2010

I found another culprit, and anyway, I found the global workaround!

do a look here
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.774407088756561
I tried the file Disable Adobe PDF Maker.reg even if I've already uninstalled Adobe (but you know that sometimes same remnant remains)
then I di
... See more
I found another culprit, and anyway, I found the global workaround!

do a look here
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.774407088756561
I tried the file Disable Adobe PDF Maker.reg even if I've already uninstalled Adobe (but you know that sometimes same remnant remains)
then I did a deep look at this paragraph:
To reverse the process and show the Adobe add-in again edit the following registry values:
1. Exit Microsoft Word.
2. From the Start menu, select Run. The Run dialog box is displayed.
3. Type regedit in the Open box and click OK. The Registry Editor is displayed.
4. Browse to the following registry key on the navigation tree: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin
5. In this key, right-click on the string value LoadBehaviour on the right hand pane and choose Modify from the shortcut menu. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box is displayed.
6. Set the Value Data to 3 and OK to confirm.
7. Close the Registry Editor.

So, I decided to do a look to my regedit key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin

I found that PDFMaker.OfficeAddin was disabled and the Value Data of LoadBehaviour was 0 (zero): so 0 (zero) = disabled!
then, I saw other possible culprits:
DNS add-in
Foxit PDF-maker add-in
Garzanti dictionary add-in

I disabled firstly the last one, Garzanti 2010 Hazon dictionary add-in, the less useful too and ...
it worked!

clearly, your situation can be very different, but if you put Value Data of LoadBehaviour at 0 (zero) for other softwares (one by one) you'll find your own culprit

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-02-10 09:51 GMT]
Collapse

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 22:37
English to Spanish
Office Live add-in may be the culprit Mar 2, 2010

I had the same problem some months ago. After unsuccesfully trying every possible solution, I found that the problem was caused by the Office Live Add-in installed along with Windows Live Messenger. The solution was to unistall the add-in.

It seems that the Trados template is very likely to get corrupted if any add-in is installed in Word.

Good luck to everyone.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word 2003 won't close properly

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »