Taskbar Shuffle: making working life easier!
Thread poster: JaneD
JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:25
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 10, 2010

I have suffered for I don't know how long with the Windows problem that if you close a program, when you reopen it it's no longer in the same place on the taskbar.

As I have lots of windows open at once, many of which are less relevant to the task I am currently doing, this can be frustrating in the extreme.

What I wanted to be able to do was to move the taskbar icons for my open windows, like you can for any other set of icons. So that, for example, Studio 2009 is a
... See more
I have suffered for I don't know how long with the Windows problem that if you close a program, when you reopen it it's no longer in the same place on the taskbar.

As I have lots of windows open at once, many of which are less relevant to the task I am currently doing, this can be frustrating in the extreme.

What I wanted to be able to do was to move the taskbar icons for my open windows, like you can for any other set of icons. So that, for example, Studio 2009 is always the first icon on the taskbar, and my time tracker (necessary, but not really something I want to keep clicking on) is at the far right hand end.

Well, I have now found the solution - Taskbar Shuffle (Free download - donate to the creator if you like the program).

This is one of those little things that make your working life so much easier, and I can't recommend it too highly!

If you want to have a workspace that's organised how you want, and not how Windows chooses, it's definitely worth trying.

Jane
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
yes, it's great Mar 10, 2010

Yes, I use it too on my XP system, and it's really nifty.
I think Vista already has this as a feature, doesn't it?

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Included in Vista Mar 10, 2010

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Yes, I use it too on my XP system, and it's really nifty.
I think Vista already has this as a feature, doesn't it?

Does it? I have used Vista, but it was over a year ago, so I don't remember. At home I am desperately clinging on to XP!

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
I like it too Mar 10, 2010

I have been using for quite a while with XP.
And thank you for posting, you reminded me that I wanted to donate because it's useful. So I just did.

It reminds me of some other donateware, for which I also donated, called "bulk rename utility": it renames files in batches, for instance to add an _FR extension to many files at once to show they are files in French. or from .ttx to .txt. Or a 2010_ prefix to sort files by date. You see the picture.

Overall, I am a f
... See more
I have been using for quite a while with XP.
And thank you for posting, you reminded me that I wanted to donate because it's useful. So I just did.

It reminds me of some other donateware, for which I also donated, called "bulk rename utility": it renames files in batches, for instance to add an _FR extension to many files at once to show they are files in French. or from .ttx to .txt. Or a 2010_ prefix to sort files by date. You see the picture.

Overall, I am a fan of these small "accessories" that ease my life (such as the not-free Attachment Save outlook add-in, which automatically saves attachments (based on extension, senders, whatever) from emails to a location of your choice)

Best,
Philippe
Collapse

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good! Mar 10, 2010

I'm glad other people find it useful too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Taskbar Shuffle: making working life easier!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »