achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:04
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2010

Has anyone else had this problem?
I have had Babylon 8 Pro installed on my main laptop for some time now and everything seemed fine. Recently, Microsoft Security Essentials issued a warning of a file to be cleaned, I did this and never thought anything of it. Then later, I noticed that Babylon was missing or no longer installed/available (the exact status was unclear).
Attempts to reinstall the software resulted in the same security message, and ignoring the message meant the softwar
... See more
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have had Babylon 8 Pro installed on my main laptop for some time now and everything seemed fine. Recently, Microsoft Security Essentials issued a warning of a file to be cleaned, I did this and never thought anything of it. Then later, I noticed that Babylon was missing or no longer installed/available (the exact status was unclear).
Attempts to reinstall the software resulted in the same security message, and ignoring the message meant the software could be installed, but then later cleaning removed the software.
This is annoying for 2 reasons:
1) a tool is no longer available, although its true value is debatable
2) over zealous Bablyon sales staff keep calling me to ask about my download and if I want to buy an upgrade - they are very persistant, do not offer email support - only call centre, and do not seem to be aware of thuis problem.

I searched the forums thinking someone may have already reported this problem, but no success.

If anyone has come across this, or has a workaround, I would be very grateful.

Best regards.

Sandy
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:04
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Babylon 6 caused the same warning Aug 13, 2010

Hi Sandy,

Over here Babylon 6 caused the same warning last week. It seems Babylon uses an untrusted method to serve ads (to upgrade). It's hard to imagine that the people at Babylon haven't received lots of complaints.

When Microsoft Security Essentials discovers the problem for the first time you can pick an action. I told the program to trust Babylon or something similar.

Cheers,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Babylon 8 incompatible with Microsoft Security Essentials

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »