Can I open a ttx file and translate a document using Trados 6.5. The agency say I should be able to
Thread poster: TKGA
TKGA
TKGA  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2010

Can I open a ttx file and translate a document using Trados 6.5. The agency say I should be able to

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:49
English to Thai
+ ...
Yes if Trados version is 6.5 or later Aug 14, 2010

Yes if Trados version is 6.5 or later. This is a TagEditor file in Trados. If you have only Trados 6.5 or older, use the TTXconvert.dot utility to change to *.doc format and translate in Word interface. TTXconvert.dot utility can be searched and download free of charge.

Best regards,

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:49
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Be carefull about versions Aug 14, 2010

Ask the agency for the tool version, which generated the ttx and what was the source format.
If the source was Word or InDesign it will not work for the agency, as the text you translate will be damaged for them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »