Auteur du fil: annemieke van orshoven
annemieke van orshoven
annemieke van orshoven  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:37
italien vers néerlandais
+ ...
Dec 24, 2010

Hello everybody,

I am translating a user manual with Pagemaker, as I have done already several times. PageMaker has never been my favourite program, but this time anyway it is really driving me crazy.
The program is so slow in loading the pages, and it hardly allows me to type 3 words before it blocks again. This morning it has taken me 3 hours to do 4 pages.
I am not at all a computer expert, but does somebody know if there is any settings I could change to improve the
... See more
Hello everybody,

I am translating a user manual with Pagemaker, as I have done already several times. PageMaker has never been my favourite program, but this time anyway it is really driving me crazy.
The program is so slow in loading the pages, and it hardly allows me to type 3 words before it blocks again. This morning it has taken me 3 hours to do 4 pages.
I am not at all a computer expert, but does somebody know if there is any settings I could change to improve the speed or is this simply due to how the pages have been created? My computer is not slow at all, and PageMaker is the only programm running at the moment.
I am really desperate, if I can't find a solution, I thinking of quitting the job..
Collapse

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Pologne
Local time: 07:37
Membre (2009)
anglais vers polonais
+ ...
Trados Dec 24, 2010

You can use Trados to translate PM files. I've sent you some files that can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PageMaker- big problems

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »