spell checker in Word 2007 on XP
Thread poster: Buck
Buck
Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 18:09
Dutch to English
Jan 22, 2008

Hi. For two days now, when I perform a spell check in a document, it says spell check complete. Subsequently, when reading through the text, I still find easily recognisable mistakes. I know it must be some setting I changed by mistake, but can't figure it out. Thanks.

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:09
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Look under 'Options' Jan 22, 2008

Am still working with an older version of Word and I don't know what you've tried yet, but can I suggest the following. Go to Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar. Make sure that the box 'hide spelling errors in this document' (2nd option in my version) is unticked.

I am sure that you have checked that the language is set correctly (CTRL+A, Tools, Language, Select the required language).
I don't know whether your version of Word has the built-in spellchecker for the language t
... See more
Am still working with an older version of Word and I don't know what you've tried yet, but can I suggest the following. Go to Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar. Make sure that the box 'hide spelling errors in this document' (2nd option in my version) is unticked.

I am sure that you have checked that the language is set correctly (CTRL+A, Tools, Language, Select the required language).
I don't know whether your version of Word has the built-in spellchecker for the language that you are checking. I have installed the special Microsoft Disk for 50 languages which I've bought separately from Word - cannot remember what it is called but I have referred to it several times in other threads. Sometimes old dictionaries no longer work with new programmes. My electronic pop-up Oxford dictionary, bought only last year, no longer works with Vista on my new laptop!
Collapse

Buck
Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 18:09
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 23, 2008

Hi. As mysteriously as it occurred, the problem has disappeared. Thanks anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spell checker in Word 2007 on XP

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »