Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:43
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2008

Projetex proposes quite a few very useful features for project managers – however there are a few fairly basic things that I could not find. Perhaps some more experienced users can point me in the right direction.

- A status indicator of freelance jobs is badly missing. When you receive a project and send it to, say, ten freelancers, how can you keep track of whether they have accepted the assignment? I just don’t see any options for that. When I go to Projects/Tree or Project/F
... See more
Projetex proposes quite a few very useful features for project managers – however there are a few fairly basic things that I could not find. Perhaps some more experienced users can point me in the right direction.

- A status indicator of freelance jobs is badly missing. When you receive a project and send it to, say, ten freelancers, how can you keep track of whether they have accepted the assignment? I just don’t see any options for that. When I go to Projects/Tree or Project/Freelance jobs it would be nice to have a color code for Sent (by PM to TR), Accepted (by TR) – not just for Completed (by TR), Due today, or Late. The most logical place for that would be the Edit freelance job window with a drop-down list. Can such a feature be added by appropriately configuring/customizing Projetex?

- When creating a new project and then new jobs plus new freelance jobs within it, is there a simple way to teach Projetex to propose only those translators for a particular freelance job who work in the given language pair? It would be a great time saver, especially when the list of freelancers is long.

- When creating a freelance job, you cannot select the freelance translator immediately – and you need one more step for setting the translator’s price. In the Project/Freelance jobs window you have to click New; then you get a New Freelance Job window; you fill in the data, then click OK. You get back to the Project/Freelance jobs window, where you can now click on Expert/Select – but you have to go back and edit the Freelance job if you want to input the translator’s rates. Am I the only one to be find this tedious?

Attila
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:43
Member (2006)
French to English
Freelance Team tab Feb 17, 2008

Attila Piróth wrote:

- When creating a new project and then new jobs plus new freelance jobs within it, is there a simple way to teach Projetex to propose only those translators for a particular freelance job who work in the given language pair? It would be a great time saver, especially when the list of freelancers is long.

Attila

Hi Attila,

You have to enter the translation services that each individual freelancer provides for you and their rate. Then you can select your team in the Freelance Team tab of the Project window. We'll look at this during the training on April 2nd, hope you'll be able to make it!

I'll get back to you about your other questions shortly...

Best regards,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Projetex - some questions

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »