Reactivation of the SDL1014 Socketerror 2-77
Thread poster: Armando Tavano
Armando Tavano
Armando Tavano  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 16:58
English to Italian
Jun 24, 2021

Hi, after changing computer I tried to reactivate the returned lincense, but it was not possible. It appears the error "Socketerror 2-77" in every computer I try to activate the license. It doesn't depende on windows. The offline activation is also not possible, because I don't have the required ID. I saw that this problem is common, but I haven't seen yet any solution. Could I get support here?
Best regards

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Could you please explain... Jun 24, 2021

Armando Tavano wrote:
The offline activation is also not possible, because I don't have the required ID.

what do you mean by saying that you "don't have the required ID"?

Armando Tavano
Dominican Republic
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Required ID Jun 24, 2021

I just returned the license and I got the disponibility of one license. I don't know what they mean when they ask for an ID. Where can I find this ID?

[Edited at 2021-06-24 16:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-06-29 01:01 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:58
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
oos.sdl.com Jun 24, 2021

Armando, have you checked your SDL account at oos.sdl.com?
What do you see there?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:58
English to Russian
Support Jun 25, 2021

Don’t waste your time, just contact their support. There are similar cases reported on their site where they suggested to log a ticket. It was 5 months ago, which means they, most probably, can help you too even with this deprecated version.
If you want to read that discussion, just google for Trados socket error 2-77.

Armando Tavano
Dominican Republic
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
SDL2014Socketerror 2-77 Jun 25, 2021

Many thanks for the help, I got the installation certificate in the offline installation form by oos.sdl.com. I placed the license number at the top of the form "installation offline" that appears when trying to activate the returned license, and I pressed on the field bellow to the right on "copy" and got the installation ID. Then I went back to oos.sdl.com, I pressed to the right "offline intallation", and on the same empty form I filled the field with the license number at the top and the in... See more
Many thanks for the help, I got the installation certificate in the offline installation form by oos.sdl.com. I placed the license number at the top of the form "installation offline" that appears when trying to activate the returned license, and I pressed on the field bellow to the right on "copy" and got the installation ID. Then I went back to oos.sdl.com, I pressed to the right "offline intallation", and on the same empty form I filled the field with the license number at the top and the installation ID bellow and so the installation certificate was generated and the license was enabled.

[Edited at 2021-06-25 17:00 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reactivation of the SDL1014 Socketerror 2-77

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »