Help with TRADOS spellcheck
Inițiatorul discuției: QualityOnTime
QualityOnTime
QualityOnTime  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:19
din germană în engleză
+ ...
Feb 5, 2006

I only have test version 6.5. I just finische a project "translating a webpage" and would need to spellcheck my documents. tomany to copy and paste. but it is not possible since this option is only available for fullversion.
Can someone help me?
Its urgent I have to submit my project in 24 hours. thank you so much.
Karla
please contact me at [email protected]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 17:19
Membru (2003)
din poloneză în germană
+ ...
What do you mean with "full version"? Feb 5, 2006

I assume you have the freelance version of Trados.
So if you have Word installed with the spell checker of the desired language you can use it in Trados.
To do so, open TAG Editor, go to Tools, chose Plug ins and make sure, that Spell Checkers and Word Spell Checker are activated (radio buttons) and click OK.
Then go to Tools again, chose Options and select "Check spelling when closing segment" and "Always suggest corrections". Maybe you will need to select "Check spelling befo
... See more
I assume you have the freelance version of Trados.
So if you have Word installed with the spell checker of the desired language you can use it in Trados.
To do so, open TAG Editor, go to Tools, chose Plug ins and make sure, that Spell Checkers and Word Spell Checker are activated (radio buttons) and click OK.
Then go to Tools again, chose Options and select "Check spelling when closing segment" and "Always suggest corrections". Maybe you will need to select "Check spelling before savinig as target", because your files are already translated. I do not use this option, as I check spelling while translating.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italia
Membru (2002)
din engleză în italiană
+ ...
My TagEditor plugins disappeared (again) Feb 5, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Once again I cannot use spell-checking with my TagEditor (SDL Trados FL 7.1). My Plug-ins window is empty. I tried to use "register Trados SDL FL" (!?!?!?) once again, with no effect. Online help does not offer any help.

Since when I updated, each new TagEditor project requires long consultation with Trados support, and the solution - always different - usually arrives after the project is finished. In the mean time I am left with time expensive workarounds. This is also quite frustrating.

Furthermore translations made in Tageditor are already VERY difficult to review, due to the lack of consistent behaviour of the Preview function. It is a real pity.

QualityOnTime
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
thank you : no spell check Feb 5, 2006

Fisrt of all thank you very much for your help.
I followed your accurate directions. Still no spell check available. May it be that the test-version doese not include functions like spell check, printing, etc.?
I have a unregistered 30 day try version installed.
I willl search online for spell check plugins.
If you or any one knows where to find the "Nadel im Heuhaufen"
Please let me know.
Thank you very much!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germania
Membru (2003)
din poloneză în germană
+ ...
I do not know if these options are available in the test version Feb 5, 2006

as I never used any test version of Trados to that extent, sorry.

Regards
Jerzy

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxemburg
din germană în română
+ ...
have you tried opening Word? Feb 5, 2006

Sometimes TagEditor won't do the spellcheck and I noticed that if I open Word manually and then start the spellcheck in TagEditor, it's working. I am not sure what causes this beahviour, but since I get the desired result just by opening Word, it's not that big of a problem.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norvegia
Membru (2002)
din engleză în norvegiană
+ ...
Same here Feb 7, 2006

Luca Tutino wrote:

Once again I cannot use spell-checking with my TagEditor (SDL Trados FL 7.1). My Plug-ins window is empty. I tried to use "register Trados SDL FL" (!?!?!?) once again, with no effect. Online help does not offer any help.

I just updated to SDL Trados 7.1, and I have the same problem.

I do know how to turn spell checking with Word on, and had some problems with ver. 7.0, but this time TE either closes completely (!), or just gives a message like "Failed to load the "Word Spelling Checker" plug in: (-214741813): Catastrophic failure

This plug-in will be disabled.

Then I am left with the other spell checker, the not so good Winter Tree spell checker.

I hope SDL Trados figures this out soon!

I use TE 7.1.0.719 (build 720), and it seems like I never learn: I always upgrade to the newest version, and I always encounter new problems that slows me down.

The good news: It seems like SDL Trados now have fixed their Concordance in relation to reference TM. When no match is found in the main TM it actually searches in the reference TM.

QualityOnTime
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank you so much for your reply. I agree working with this trados version is kinda complicated. Feb 25, 2006

Luca Tutino wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Since when I updated, each new TagEditor project requires long consultation with Trados support, and the solution - always different - usually arrives after the project is finished. In the mean time I am left with time expensive workarounds. This is also quite frustrating.

Furthermore translations made in Tageditor are already VERY difficult to review, due to the lack of consistent behaviour of the Preview function. It is a real pity.

QualityOnTime
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank you for your input. Feb 25, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

as I never used any test version of Trados to that extent, sorry.

Regards
Jerzy

QualityOnTime
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank you for your reply. Feb 25, 2006

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

Sometimes TagEditor won't do the spellcheck and I noticed that if I open Word manually and then start the spellcheck in TagEditor, it's working. I am not sure what causes this beahviour, but since I get the desired result just by opening Word, it's not that big of a problem.

Thank you for your reply.
Its interesting, that I have to open word processor in order to have a functional spell check.

Gusztáv Jánvári
Gusztáv Jánvári  Identity Verified
Ungaria
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
Trados 6.5 needs Word 2003 Feb 26, 2006

Note that Trados 6.5 needs Word 2003 for spell checking, it does not work with Office 2002 (XP) and earlier versions. There is a difference in the format of the dictionary files between Word XP and 2003 -- the latter uses Unicode formatting for the dictionary files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with TRADOS spellcheck

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »