Aida Alves
Aida Alves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:41
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
May 3, 2006

I have opened the T-Window but wasn't able to open the Excel file I want to translate. Do I need to convert it to a different format? If anyone could help me with his I would be very greatful.

Rgds,
Aida Alves

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:41
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... May 3, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum for all Trados-related issues.

Is there any particular reason why you cannot use TagEditor?

Best regards,
Ralf

stinker
stinker
German to English
T-Windows fpr Excel May 12, 2006

AAlves wrote:

I have opened the T-Window but wasn't able to open the Excel file I want to translate. Do I need to convert it to a different format? If anyone could help me with his I would be very greatful.

Rgds,
Aida Alves

Hi,

just tried it out myself.

You cannot just open the Excel file in T-Windows. Create a new project (name doesnt matter), select your excel file as the source file to be translated - the target file is automaticalled assigned the same name and "_translated" is appended to it.

Just remember, T-Windows only displays one column of one sheet at any one time. You can select your columns via a pull-down menu located (usually) on the right hand side of the T-Windows toolbar. The same applies to the sheet selection.

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem May 19, 2006

stinker wrote:

Just remember, T-Windows only displays one column of one sheet at any one time. You can select your columns via a pull-down menu located (usually) on the right hand side of the T-Windows toolbar. The same applies to the sheet selection.

Hi! I'm having the same problem Aida had, and, even after opening a new "_translated" document, I can't see the complete text to translate: only the column numbers. I'm trying to find the pull-down menu... but I can't find it!!

It is probably a silly detail I'm missing, but it's my first time working with Excel... Thanks in advance!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TagEditor...? May 19, 2006

Hi all,
Just reiterating my question - why don't you use TagEditor?

Puzzled, Ralf

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
English to Spanish
+ ...
Unpuzzling Ralf May 19, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi all,
Just reiterating my question - why don't you use TagEditor?

Puzzled, Ralf

I was only considering T-Windows for no particular reasons at all... but I have already switched to Tag and things go smoothly now.

Thanks for your patience!

[Edited at 2006-05-19 21:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work with Trados (6.5) T-Window for Excel

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »