Patrick Innocenti
Patrick Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 13:42
German to French
+ ...
May 28, 2006

Hi,

I am working with Tag Editor (obviously, urgent job due tomorrow) and I always end up with one segment that I cannot open. I have to shut the doc and skip the segment. Later happens the following: I can only edit the segments opening and shuting the segments one by one. I can see the TM, do a cut-paste, but all other options, including concordance search, disappear. And the uneditable segment remains uneditable anyway.

Please, has anyone a clue...
See more
Hi,

I am working with Tag Editor (obviously, urgent job due tomorrow) and I always end up with one segment that I cannot open. I have to shut the doc and skip the segment. Later happens the following: I can only edit the segments opening and shuting the segments one by one. I can see the TM, do a cut-paste, but all other options, including concordance search, disappear. And the uneditable segment remains uneditable anyway.

Please, has anyone a clue ....?

Patrick
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:42
English to German
+ ...
I know the problem May 28, 2006

..but I forgot the solution.

Maybe it was just restarting the computer..

About the uneditable segment: I would simply edit it in the target document.

Patrick Innocenti
Patrick Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 13:42
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor May 28, 2006

Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:42
English to German
+ ...
Wrong Path May 28, 2006

Patrick Innocenti wrote:
Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Yes, now I remember this was the problem.
Try to find the TM you want to use and start it with a double-click, then start TagEditor.
(Maybe you moved the TM or renamed one of the directories in the path to the TM? - I did)

HTH,
Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor 2006

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »