ITtranslations
Seychelles
Local time: 07:23
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2006

Hi,
I've tried to convert about 100 times a MT5 termbase to MT7 with MultiTerm Convert but each time I try to import the entries I get the same error: no entries are imported.
According to the log, there are character errors:

Fatal Error at (file F:\Business\Projects\MultiTerm\Copie.xml, line 8, column 89): Invalid character (Unicode: 0x14)

I've tried to export the MT5 DB content to TXT, I've saved the TXT in Unicode to get sure, I've imported it into a new
... See more
Hi,
I've tried to convert about 100 times a MT5 termbase to MT7 with MultiTerm Convert but each time I try to import the entries I get the same error: no entries are imported.
According to the log, there are character errors:

Fatal Error at (file F:\Business\Projects\MultiTerm\Copie.xml, line 8, column 89): Invalid character (Unicode: 0x14)

I've tried to export the MT5 DB content to TXT, I've saved the TXT in Unicode to get sure, I've imported it into a new DB and I've tried to convert this latter DB but no way...

Any idea?
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Unicode: 0x14.... Jun 8, 2006

isn't that a carriage return character? Means this sucks mega (g).

Try XLS instead. Does not cost much to try - you have everything in a text form anyhow...

Regard

Vito

ITtranslations
ITtranslations
Seychelles
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried using XLS, no way Jun 9, 2006

I've tried using XLS, no way. I get the same error.
F... MultiTerm Convert!

ITtranslations
ITtranslations
Seychelles
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you know how I can find the column and row in XML? Jun 9, 2006

Do you know how I can find the column and row in XML?
I use Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Avoid using MT iX if you can Jun 11, 2006

MT iX does not work well with WB: and regularly looses "connection" for Term Recognition.

At the end you are left with working without Term Recognition, and look for terms "by hand"!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems converting a MT5 DB into MultiTerm 7

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »