Word closes constantly while working with Trados
Thread poster: Alejandro García
Alejandro García
Alejandro García
Spain
Local time: 16:46
English to Spanish
Jun 16, 2006

Word closes constantly while working with Trados. I have Office 2003 and Trados-SDL versions. Don´t know why it has been closing word itself since some days ago. Any idea?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Jun 16, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Having said that, this sounds like a Word issue - have you tried recreating normal.dot?

Best regards,
Ralf

Alejandro García
Alejandro García
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure if it was a Trados or Word issue. Jun 16, 2006

It seems to happen something about the normal.dot because it appears everytime I open, close or have this issue that closes itself. I believe that you could be quite right with my issue. But still don't know how to deal with the normal.dot thing. Where will be the right place to post or find more info about my topic?
Thanks,

Alejandro

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use the forum search Jun 16, 2006

Hi again,

But still don't know how to deal with the normal.dot thing. Where will be the right place to post or find more info about my topic?

Use the forum search - look for "normal.dot corrupt".

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word closes constantly while working with Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »