Deleting duplicate entries in Multiterm 7.1 Termbase
Thread poster: Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:51
English to Russian
Jul 2, 2006

By mistake I exported the same file into MT termbase twice. As the termbase is quite large editing it manually will take too long. Does anyone know a method to filter the duplicates out, or probably some other method to remove them?

Thanks in advance.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:51
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
a suggestion Jul 2, 2006

export the whole lot to Excel and use excel to eliminate duplicates.

The alternative: export all records and import them into a new TermBase that does not allow duplicates - I have never tried it, but it does not cost you much to try.

regards

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:51
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Vito Jul 3, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

export the whole lot to Excel and use excel to eliminate duplicates.

The alternative: export all records and import them into a new TermBase that does not allow duplicates - I have never tried it, but it does not cost you much to try.

regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting duplicate entries in Multiterm 7.1 Termbase

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »