Document comments in TagEditor
Thread poster: david angel (X)
david angel (X)
david angel (X)
Local time: 01:44
French to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2006

I'm translating a Word document in TagEditor (Trados 7.5), which mostly is fine, except that when I

enter document comments for the message pane, the location of the

comment seems to get wiped out by the next comment I make: the result is

that I cannot use "Go to location", which is annoying. I wonder if anyone can help?

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 02:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
Edit/ not File/ Oct 10, 2006

when I enter document comments, the location of the
comment seems to get wiped out by the next comment I make: the result is that I cannot use "Go to location".

You need to -I think- enter TU level comments, not document level. TU level should come with a location. They're under Edit/Comments. What you've been using is File/Doc Comments, if I'm right.

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
Local time: 01:44
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Oct 11, 2006

Thanks very much Saitch. I am pretty new to TagEditor and didn't know the two possibilities existed. But your suggestion works perfectly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Document comments in TagEditor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »