Strange error while processing XML (TTX)-File
Thread poster: BrunoS
BrunoS
BrunoS
Local time: 21:05
Italian to German
Oct 25, 2006

A very strange problem.
Trados Tag editor opens the file (XML, TTX) and it is possible to translate the segments with no problems. My Workbench can analyse the file but strangely enough is not able to pre-translate it (neither XML nor TTX) prompting an unexplainable error message: "(-2147418113) unexpected error when opening workbench RTF file". This after 99% of the translation done during finish-up procedures of workbench.

RTF? No clue about that!!!

Have found
... See more
A very strange problem.
Trados Tag editor opens the file (XML, TTX) and it is possible to translate the segments with no problems. My Workbench can analyse the file but strangely enough is not able to pre-translate it (neither XML nor TTX) prompting an unexplainable error message: "(-2147418113) unexpected error when opening workbench RTF file". This after 99% of the translation done during finish-up procedures of workbench.

RTF? No clue about that!!!

Have found a post on this site www.proz.com/topic/41676 adressing the same error number, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my problem.

Using Trados 5.1 Pro on XP.

Thanx for any suggestion.
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados 5.1? Oct 25, 2006

BrunoS wrote:

(...)

Using Trados 5.1 Pro on XP.

Thanx for any suggestion.

If you really mean Trados 5.1 then it is a quite old version.

Piotr

MonikaL
MonikaL
English
same problem with trados 6.5 Oct 25, 2006

I am having the same problem with trados 6.5 - would be glad to hear of any solution!
where does the rtf error come from when working with xml files?

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Sure these files are based on XML? Oct 25, 2006

Are you sure these .ttx files are not actually Word files that have been prepared using the new .ttx workflow for Word in Trados 7.1/7.5?

I'm saying this because we tried this once and while the translator was able to work with our .ttx file in a previous version of Trados TagEditor, the resulting file was unusable and generated all kinds of errors.

Regards,
Benjamin

P.S.: You might also want to check
... See more
Are you sure these .ttx files are not actually Word files that have been prepared using the new .ttx workflow for Word in Trados 7.1/7.5?

I'm saying this because we tried this once and while the translator was able to work with our .ttx file in a previous version of Trados TagEditor, the resulting file was unusable and generated all kinds of errors.

Regards,
Benjamin

P.S.: You might also want to check the SDL Trados knowledge base at http://sdl.custhelp.com - you can also ask questions to SDL Trados support staff there.
Collapse

BrunoS
BrunoS
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Will try that Oct 26, 2006

P.S.: You might also want to check the SDL Trados knowledge base at http://sdl.custhelp.com - you can also ask questions to SDL Trados support staff there. [/quote]

Thanx to everyone, will try to do that.

BrunoS
BrunoS
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Answer from sdl support site Oct 27, 2006

Got an answer from the support site, thank you Pjotr:

"Unfortunately, the lifecycle of Trados 5.0 and 5.5 products has ended. It is no longer supported and therefore we cannot answer any questions related to Trados 5.0 or 5.5.
I recommend you upgrade to the current SDL Trados 2006 package.
As for this particular problem, it was fixed in Trados 6.5.5, so Trados 7.5 that comes with SDL Trados 2006 package will not have it"

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Was about to suggest the same thing... Oct 27, 2006

Well, that doesn't seem to leave any questions, does it?

B

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange error while processing XML (TTX)-File

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »