Германия
Local time: 20:22
Член ProZ.com c 2011
немецкий => французский
+ ...
May 18, 2015

I need urgently help.

Hi,

English is not my native language but I'm trying to explain my very complicated issue with a Word file exported fromTransit.

The layout, the frame, the cells of several tables in Word document 2007 exported with Transit are totally unstructured, and don't match the original word files anymore at all.

BUT the content has been translated and I see this content in the cells.

I need absolutely to k
... See more
I need urgently help.

Hi,

English is not my native language but I'm trying to explain my very complicated issue with a Word file exported fromTransit.

The layout, the frame, the cells of several tables in Word document 2007 exported with Transit are totally unstructured, and don't match the original word files anymore at all.

BUT the content has been translated and I see this content in the cells.

I need absolutely to keep the same original layout as the source file. My client requires that.

I copied all translated texts from the generated file by Transit into the source files to keep the same layout.
It works fine for the all text but not for the table !!

So the translated file content became a copy of the source file

BUT now here's the big issue:

How to rebuld, to repair, to reform the unstructured table exported from Transit, in order to copy it also in the source file. Do you understand what I mean?

I mean with "unstructured" that the columns and the rows are either very narrow or very long, with different widths and lengths and the frames are invisible and the content is not at the same place as in the original file.

I cannot imagin to copy each translated content from each cell from the "crappy"table into the good table in the source. I have to deliver my translation tomorrow, at the latest after tomorrow.

Who has an idea to fix this issue?

regards
MD

[Modifié le 2015-05-18 10:52 GMT]

[Modifié le 2015-05-18 11:45 GMT]
Collapse

Which version? Quality checked? May 18, 2015

Hi MD,

for help, some additional info might be helpful:
- Which Transit version / Service Pack do you use?
- Did you prepare the project / import the Word file or did you receive a Transit package?
- Did you run a quality check (especially markup check) before the export?

Regards,

O.N.

Abdullah Hassaan
Abdullah Hassaan  Identity Verified
Египет
Local time: 21:22
Член ProZ.com c 2013
английский => арабский
+ ...
Transit normally exports tables and layout very fine May 18, 2015

Hi Michel,

I've been using Transit for 14 years now, and it works very fine with layout elements including tables.

Also you don't have to copy the texts from the Transit files into the original file manually. When, you export you translation out of Transit (Project => Export), Transit creates new files with the translation, that match the original file and might only required few adjustments.

In your case, I guess, that there is a mistake with one or more s
... See more
Hi Michel,

I've been using Transit for 14 years now, and it works very fine with layout elements including tables.

Also you don't have to copy the texts from the Transit files into the original file manually. When, you export you translation out of Transit (Project => Export), Transit creates new files with the translation, that match the original file and might only required few adjustments.

In your case, I guess, that there is a mistake with one or more steps in the workflow.

I would be happy to check with you via email or skype to find out where the problem is and how to solve it.

I speak both English and German.

Simply contact me.

Best regards
Abdullah
Collapse

Michel Di Moro
Michel Di Moro  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 20:22
Член ProZ.com c 2011
немецкий => французский
+ ...
Автор темы
We used transit XV May 18, 2015

Thank you.

We used transit XV (txf and pxf files). I guees you use NXT.

We can provide the final file if necessary.

Are you able to export files from transit into Word?

Abdullah Hassaan
Abdullah Hassaan  Identity Verified
Египет
Local time: 21:22
Член ProZ.com c 2013
английский => арабский
+ ...
Issu has nothing to do with Transit May 19, 2015

To keep you updated:

I worked on the issue with Michel, and could solve it.

At the end we discovered, that the issue is due to difference in Word versions between the translator and the project manager and has nothing to do with Transit.

The tables and the layout out resulting from Transit is always one of the best layouts compared to any other CAT I ever used.

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Big issue with tables and word files exported from Transit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »