Behind I.B.M.’s big predictions

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Behind I.B.M.’s big predictions".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 17:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Re: Prediction 1 Dec 21, 2011

"Small amounts of energy created by actions like people walking on water ..." that really grabbed my attention!

And then I saw it was the much more boring "Small amounts of energy created by actions like people walking or water moving through pipes ..."

[Edited at 2011-12-21 14:52 GMT]

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:09
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Learning other languages Dec 23, 2011

Powerful mobile devices, capable of precise language translation, will belong to 80 percent of the world’s population.

I am curious to know how that will affect second and third language learning. Will it make people eager to learn other languages, once they discover them, thereby enriching humanity? Or will it make people lazy and dependent on their machine?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Behind I.B.M.’s big predictions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »