Gopinath Jambulingam  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:42
Member (2013)
Tamil to English
+ ...
Dec 25, 2021

Hi All,

We would like to know the font options available for Turkey Turkish language, which is going to be translated from English for the following applications:

1) Website posting
2) Print media

For print media, our client may prefer adaptation in CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator.

We need to know what font options available to us. We prefer 1 font option that will be compatible for both applications. If not, kindly detail the fonts that
... See more
Hi All,

We would like to know the font options available for Turkey Turkish language, which is going to be translated from English for the following applications:

1) Website posting
2) Print media

For print media, our client may prefer adaptation in CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator.

We need to know what font options available to us. We prefer 1 font option that will be compatible for both applications. If not, kindly detail the fonts that are required to meet the above requirements.

Are there any specific instructions that we need to give the Turkish translator regarding our translation requirement?

Also, please clarify whether Apple Mac and Windows PC requires different font set or a common font set, which is 100% compatible for both platforms.

Thanking you in advance.

With Regards
Gopinath Jambulingam
www.gemtranslators.com
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:12
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Turkish Fonts Dec 25, 2021

As far as I know, there are many font styles available for Turkish language. For example, I just use whatever font my text editor (LibreOffice) gives me as default. You can also consult your Turkish translator for that. Just so that you know, the Turkish letters that are not included in English language are:

Ç, ç, Ğ, ğ, ı, İ, Ö, ö, Ş, ş, Ü, ü.

If the font contains these letters, then it is OK to use.

Metin Demirel
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turkey Turkish Font Options

Translation news in Türkiye

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »