demo shortcuts not working - defective copy? or known bug?
Thread poster: Lesley Jackson (X)
Lesley Jackson (X)
Lesley Jackson (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
Spanish to English
Jun 21, 2008

Shortcuts to open glossary editor, for drop-down list on selected source term, and to mark/add terms do not work on the demo I just downloaded yesterday. All other shortcuts I've tried so far do work.

Odd thing is that Ctrl+Alt+T to add terms DID work the very first time I tried it -- but not since!The other glossary shortcuts I listed have never worked.

Trying to determine what's going on as I do not want to purchase if this is a defective copy. Any advice? Thanks. le
... See more
Shortcuts to open glossary editor, for drop-down list on selected source term, and to mark/add terms do not work on the demo I just downloaded yesterday. All other shortcuts I've tried so far do work.

Odd thing is that Ctrl+Alt+T to add terms DID work the very first time I tried it -- but not since!The other glossary shortcuts I listed have never worked.

Trying to determine what's going on as I do not want to purchase if this is a defective copy. Any advice? Thanks. lesleynoelle (BTW, I'm running XP and Word 2000.)
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:13
French to English
Shortcut issues Jun 22, 2008

It sounds like your glossary shortcuts are "hijacked" by some other program/function in Word. AFAIK, this has nothing to do with Wordfast, nor the fact that you are using an unlicensed copy.

The "free" Wordfast is actually the full program, not a demo. The only difference is that the size of the TM you can use is limited (to around 500 TUs). I suggest you use the free version for at least a month before you decide whether or not to purchase the license.

To resolve y
... See more
It sounds like your glossary shortcuts are "hijacked" by some other program/function in Word. AFAIK, this has nothing to do with Wordfast, nor the fact that you are using an unlicensed copy.

The "free" Wordfast is actually the full program, not a demo. The only difference is that the size of the TM you can use is limited (to around 500 TUs). I suggest you use the free version for at least a month before you decide whether or not to purchase the license.

To resolve your problem, you can just reassign the shortcuts that aren't working. I had to do the same thing recently when I switched to a new computer and discovered some shortcuts no longer cooperated (with Vista and Word 2007). Look for the menu in Word that allows you to reassign shortcuts ...I'm not sure exactly where it is in your version.

The problem I had was with CTRL+ALT+C and I reassigned it to CTRL+ALT+Q, now context search works again!
Collapse

Lesley Jackson (X)
Lesley Jackson (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
problem resolved Jun 25, 2008

Thanks, Lori, and please forgive the belated reply. I actually got a very prompt and helpful response from the WordFast website e-hotline and have had good success changing the shortcuts, as you suggested -- though what program might have been hijacking them remains a mystery (it wasn't Word). But no matter -- it's working! Thanks again. LJ

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

demo shortcuts not working - defective copy? or known bug?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »