libhf
libhf
United States
Local time: 04:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 2, 2022

Hello everyone,

I use Wordfast 3.4.14. My project language pair is English US > Arabic.

The usual thing that happens when I open a new file from my client, it loads similar segments previously translated from past projects.

Suddenly it stopped doing that. A couple of days ago I would open a file, and I have translated files with similar contents segments. Now, it has stopped doing that.

I am wondering how I can resolve the issue. A ticket to
... See more
Hello everyone,

I use Wordfast 3.4.14. My project language pair is English US > Arabic.

The usual thing that happens when I open a new file from my client, it loads similar segments previously translated from past projects.

Suddenly it stopped doing that. A couple of days ago I would open a file, and I have translated files with similar contents segments. Now, it has stopped doing that.

I am wondering how I can resolve the issue. A ticket to the Wordfast Hotline has yield only the usual auto-generated response, but nothing further. I imagine Wordfast has stopped tech support for the legacy version. I tried to search the Wordfast Wiki, but got nowhere with that.

I uninstalled my WFP 3, deleting all settings etc., and did a clean re-install. The problem persisted. If anyone could help I would highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Hikmat
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:22
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Reorganize? Sep 3, 2022

Did you reorganize the translation memory? Maybe the index is broken.

Cheers,
Gerard

libhf

libhf
libhf
United States
Local time: 04:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM REORGANIZATION Sep 3, 2022

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Did you reorganize the translation memory? Maybe the index is broken.

Cheers,
Gerard

Thanks Gerard. I was using 3 TMs in the same project. I merged the two smaller ones with the major one, thus ending with one TM. This resolved the issue. Thanks again for your prompt reply and help.

Best,

Hikmat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 3 suddenly stopped loading fuzzies from previously translated segments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »