Save copy of existing TM with different target language variant?
Thread poster: eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 23:10
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2022

I have an IT-EN US TM that I would like to save as IT-EN GB. I have a lot of important information in the EN US TM that I need for a EN GB coded project. I've looked and looked, and I can't find any way to do it. Is it possible?

Daniel Fernandes
Daniel Fernandes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:10
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I would change it manually Sep 19, 2022

Whenever I need to change source or target languages of a TM or TMX file, I open it with a text editor and search-replace what I want to replace.

I just downloaded a TM file from my Wordfast Anywhere to test it and it worked.

I downloaded one of my FR>PT-BR TM files, opened it with a text editor, searched-replaced the PT-BR with PT-PT, saved it and uploaded back it to WFA.

The new TM in WFA now is FR>PT-PT.

I hope this can help you.

Jean Lachaud
eccotraduttrice
Philippe Locquet

eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 23:10
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Sep 19, 2022

This worked, thank you so much Daniel!

Daniel Fernandes wrote:

Whenever I need to change source or target languages of a TM or TMX file, I open it with a text editor and search-replace what I want to replace.

I just downloaded a TM file from my Wordfast Anywhere to test it and it worked.

I downloaded one of my FR>PT-BR TM files, opened it with a text editor, searched-replaced the PT-BR with PT-PT, saved it and uploaded back it to WFA.

The new TM in WFA now is FR>PT-PT.

I hope this can help you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save copy of existing TM with different target language variant?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »