Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2023

For some reason that I can't work out, Wordfast Pro has started inserting commas into years. For example if the text contains the year "2022", Wordfast Pro changes it to "2,022" when I use the Copy Source command.
I've tried changing the regional settings in my computer's control panel by doing the following: Control Settings > "Clock and Region" > "Region." > "Additional Settings", in the "Numbers" tab, change the "Digit grouping symbol" to a blank space (i.e., delete the comma), but that
... See more
For some reason that I can't work out, Wordfast Pro has started inserting commas into years. For example if the text contains the year "2022", Wordfast Pro changes it to "2,022" when I use the Copy Source command.
I've tried changing the regional settings in my computer's control panel by doing the following: Control Settings > "Clock and Region" > "Region." > "Additional Settings", in the "Numbers" tab, change the "Digit grouping symbol" to a blank space (i.e., delete the comma), but that didn't work.
Can anyone advise please?
Many thanks
Collapse

Cosmos Afram
Angelique Todesco
Andriy Yasharov

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:27
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I second that! Apr 19, 2023

I have also been experiencing the same issue lately.

Comunican

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes Apr 19, 2023

Yes, yes... yes, and I do revision, where the translators didn't bother to check that it should be "2022" and not "2 022". But I encountered this myself with TPT's online version of WFP7, too... copy source to target caused "2023" to become "2 023".

Comunican
Andriy Yasharov

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
French to English
Not just years May 24, 2023

I have also noticed this in references in technical/industrial documents.
Source text: REF: 0455117008515 [OA]
Copy source: REF: 455,117,008,515 [OA]
Copy and paste seems the safest solution.

Andriy Yasharov

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
French to English
Change your preferences May 25, 2023

Hello,

Open your preferences. Under General Preferences > Segment, untick the option “Copy source with number conversion”.

Best,
John

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
French to English
Thanks for the reminder May 25, 2023

Many thanks for the reminder of its existence, John.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Copy Source command inserts commas into years

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »