Thread poster: S_G_C
S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 16:23
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Money as a gift Dec 15, 2021

I don't know if this will be approved, but here it goes.

My aunt has just sent my daughter a larger amount of money (in RON) as birthday and Christmas gift.
As I wasn't expecting it, I didn't tell my aunt about my accounts being locked, though, at one point, I thought about doing so.
The entire gift was locked and deemed "debt coverage". I cannot access it at all.

I am planning to send the Tax Authorities a bitter letter and let them know what they have caus
... See more
I don't know if this will be approved, but here it goes.

My aunt has just sent my daughter a larger amount of money (in RON) as birthday and Christmas gift.
As I wasn't expecting it, I didn't tell my aunt about my accounts being locked, though, at one point, I thought about doing so.
The entire gift was locked and deemed "debt coverage". I cannot access it at all.

I am planning to send the Tax Authorities a bitter letter and let them know what they have caused.
Instead of understanding the situation, they increased my debt. Plus, any payment I will be making to cover the debt will be commissioned by my banks. And the fee is not small.
Collapse

Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
ask your aunt to try and reverse the transfer Dec 16, 2021

Tell your aunt to phone her bank or visit her bank immediately. They may be able to reverse the transfer.

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Already checked Dec 16, 2021

Cristina Crişan wrote:

Tell your aunt to phone her bank or visit her bank immediately. They may be able to reverse the transfer.

It's been locked instantly. I checked it with my bank this morning. The bank took 19 RON as "internal fees" and redirected the amount left to the debt.

Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
not your bank Dec 17, 2021

Ask your aunt to contact her bank and try to cancel the transfer.
The money they took is not your money. It's your daughter's money.

Liviu-Lee Roth

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Same bank Dec 18, 2021

Cristina Crişan wrote:

Ask your aunt to contact her bank and try to cancel the transfer.
The money they took is not your money. It's your daughter's money.

It's the same bank. We both are users of the same bank. The money was transferred instantly and locked immediately afterwards. On the 16th they wired it to the debt.
Even if the banks were different, she sent it on the 14th and informed me about it on the 15th.

There's nothing I can do about it anymore, I just hope I will manage to sort this situation out as soon as possible. At least some of the debt is paid now. But I do wish that some day whoever is responsible for this will get to experience the same amount of stress, frustration, disappointment, and hopelessness as I did. I do wish that some day, whoever is responsible for this will come home and tell their children, you know, someone sent you a Christmas present, but the state took it from you. Me and my daughter, we've been through some rough times, and the state has done NOTHING but let us down. Help came from strangers, people whom I have never met, but who understood and sympathized with my situation. It's their good heart and trust that brought some relief into my life, not the support of the Romanian state.

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
So... a suggestion Dec 19, 2021

Sorana_M. wrote:

Denis Fesik wrote:

I don't know if this is doable in your case, or of this forum provides a big enough exposure to make a difference, but I'd sure be happy to help with what I can

Thank you. The only platform accepting campaigns from Romania is gogetfunding. I know because I've asked several for something else. However, no campaigns are internationally visible unless they reach a 100 USD/EUR/GBP/other currency limit.

[Edited at 2021-12-01 21:34 GMT]

You know, I'm pretty well known for my bold and blunt suggestions, so this might sound silly and somewhat controversial but...

...why don't ProZ.com facilitate the crowdfunding? Sympathizing is nice and all, but that isn't going to help Sorana in any way. How many active members in this website, exactly? If enough members donate to the crowdfunding, surely it would ease up the tax debt situation. Post this issue in the homepage and as a top banner for more exposure, if necessary. I myself may not be able to donate much, but I'll give some contribution.

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Not for that Dec 20, 2021

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

You know, I'm pretty well known for my bold and blunt suggestions, so this might sound silly and somewhat controversial but...

...why don't ProZ.com facilitate the crowdfunding? Sympathizing is nice and all, but that isn't going to help Sorana in any way. How many active members in this website, exactly? If enough members donate to the crowdfunding, surely it would ease up the tax debt situation. Post this issue in the homepage and as a top banner for more exposure, if necessary. I myself may not be able to donate much, but I'll give some contribution.

I don't think proz.com is made for that...
I believe there is a rule stating that proz.com does not endorse such causes...
Plus, at this point, I prefer not to use my PayPal account, as it was set to Business a while ago and the fees they apply are huge... Everything that comes in is interpreted as Goods and Services and charged accordingly... It took me a while to figure this out. So I will be reverting to Personal in a month or so, though PayPal Customer Support advised me to report the issue to Technical Support, as people should be able to see and use the Friends and Family option regardless of the account type I hold.

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
F***ed up country Apr 8, 2022

This is for the world to know.

April 8th, 2022, the day when my national Tax Authorities locked my accounts again. The debts I had managed to pay after a long time had also accumulated interests which I didn't know about. My national Tax Authorities had issued a document stating these interests in February 2022, but it didn't cross my mind I should have checked. Because these interests HAD NOT BEEN COMMUNICATED TO MY BANK TOGE
... See more
This is for the world to know.

April 8th, 2022, the day when my national Tax Authorities locked my accounts again. The debts I had managed to pay after a long time had also accumulated interests which I didn't know about. My national Tax Authorities had issued a document stating these interests in February 2022, but it didn't cross my mind I should have checked. Because these interests HAD NOT BEEN COMMUNICATED TO MY BANK TOGETHER WITH THE DEBTS. The amount communicated when I opened this topic only included the debts. AND THE DOCUMENT ISSUED DOESN'T EVEN STATE THEM AS INTERESTS. It says "rectifications".

Moving on, the amount charged this time was not high.

BUT - and this is freaking mind-blowing.

This time I managed to talk with the Tax Authorities on the phone. There are two departments responsible for such situations - the Tax Payers' Department and the Enforcing Department. The Tax Payers' Department establishes the amounts due, while the Enforcing Department issues the payment orders. BUT THESE TWO DEPARTMENTS DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

Which is why the amount and the "pay to" account communicated by the Enforcing Department to my bank DO NOT MATCH THE AMOUNT AND THE "PAY TO" ACCOUNTS (plural, yes) COMMUNICATED TO ME BY THE TAX PAYERS' DEPARTMENT.

I asked these two departments what's there do be done about this totally absurd situation.
And they said... hold on to your pants... "the system deliberately issues payment orders which state a lower amount than the actual one" and "there's nothing we can do, we can't help you in any way, if you want to be issued tax documents stating the actual amount, you have to come over here in person" (remember, I'm like 6 or 700 km away).
I persisted and asked again, what about the remainder, the actual amount minus the amount you informed my bank of?
And they replied, "more payment orders will be issued for that". Like, we don't give a sh*t about the bank commissions you are incurring, about the financial and emotional distress we are putting you through. Just expect us to lock your accounts over and over again. 'cause we can, the system is allowing us to, and we don't owe you anything, not even the right to truthful and complete information about your tax situation. Over and out.
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My national law is working against me

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »