MA Research: Pro Bono & Discounted Translation
Thread poster: Charlie Reston
Charlie Reston
Charlie Reston
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:42
Spanish to English
May 27, 2022

📢 FREELANCE TRANSLATORS! Got a spare 3 minutes?

Keen to offer charities or those with low budgets a discount on your services? Feel you can't justify the financial implications? Or do you love the opportunity to help out where you can?

For my MA dissertation, I’m investigating Language Service Providers – both agencies and freelancers - and their current models, motivations and attitudes surrounding discounted and pro bono translation.

Your (anonymou
... See more
📢 FREELANCE TRANSLATORS! Got a spare 3 minutes?

Keen to offer charities or those with low budgets a discount on your services? Feel you can't justify the financial implications? Or do you love the opportunity to help out where you can?

For my MA dissertation, I’m investigating Language Service Providers – both agencies and freelancers - and their current models, motivations and attitudes surrounding discounted and pro bono translation.

Your (anonymous) responses as a freelancer, alongside structured interviews with translation agencies, will help form the basis of analysis for my postgraduate dissertation supported by the University of Birmingham and in collaboration with the Association of Translation Companies.

If you’re not a freelancer but instead represent a translation agency, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts so – if interested - please comment or get in touch so we might arrange an interview.

Share the post far and wide! MUCHÍSIMAS gracias in advance.

👇 Link to survey here 👇
https://forms.gle/EC8q3JegTxa6zaTA8

#postgraduateresearch #charitytranslation #probono
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA Research: Pro Bono & Discounted Translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »