Thread poster: Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 20:59
Member (2011)
English to German
Jun 7, 2022

Daisy Bennet from Translate.com informed me on March 30, 2022, that due to the tech issues with PayPal, all further payouts would be submitted through Payoneer.

She asked me to kindly send her a valid Payoneer email address and fill in the tax form. If I do not have Payoneer, she kindly asked me to create a Payoneer account or specify the best payment method for me. Furthermore, US citizens should proceed with the W9 tax form and non-US citizens with the W8 tax form.

I
... See more
Daisy Bennet from Translate.com informed me on March 30, 2022, that due to the tech issues with PayPal, all further payouts would be submitted through Payoneer.

She asked me to kindly send her a valid Payoneer email address and fill in the tax form. If I do not have Payoneer, she kindly asked me to create a Payoneer account or specify the best payment method for me. Furthermore, US citizens should proceed with the W9 tax form and non-US citizens with the W8 tax form.

I have tried to set up being paid by Translate.com through Payoneer but received the following error message:
Currently the service does not support domestic payments

I would like to know if other translators have experienced the same, as I have not received an answer regarding the payment of my services from Translate.com so far.

Best,
Marina

P.S. Why doesn't my photo show up?

[Edited at 2022-06-07 04:07 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:59
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Marina Jun 7, 2022

My US customers have been paying me through TransferMate (https://www.transfermate.com/) and/or Wise (https://wise.com/) but as I live in Europe I don’t know if these platforms support domestic payments and as far as I know these platforms were created to deal with cross-border payments…

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:59
Danish to English
+ ...
Wise and Veem Jun 7, 2022

Teresa Borges wrote:

My US customers have been paying me through TransferMate (https://www.transfermate.com/) and/or Wise (https://wise.com/) but as I live in Europe I don’t know if these platforms support domestic payments and as far as I know these platforms were created to deal with cross-border payments…

Wise supports domestic payments.

I have a US client paying through Veem at no cost. I have configured Veem to forward everything to my USD Wise account, again at no cost.

I've never used Payoneer.

PayPal is ludicrously expensive. I don't have a PayPal account any more.

NB: the client name should be removed, as the forum rules don’t allow named clients to be discussed.

Photo: try to re-upload it. Otherwise contact site support.

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 20:59
Member (2011)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
@Thomas Jun 15, 2022

My biggest customer has been paying me via PayPal for about 10 years without any problems.
I have uploaded my photo and it works. Thanks for your advice, Thomas.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translate.com and cash out or being paid via Payneer.com

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »