Can I attach a termbase to a handoff package?
Tópico cartaz: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Polônia
Local time: 10:00
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Aug 2, 2011

Hi,

I imported a handoff package from a client. It contains the files to be translated, a TM (presumably empty), and no terminology database.

Can I attach a terminology database to a project created from a handoff package? I would like to have one for the sake of terminology consistency.

Will appreciate your pointers for a MemoQ noob.

Thanks,

Piotr

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Polônia
Membro (2010)
inglês para polonês
+ ...
Yep Aug 2, 2011

If by attach you mean simply assign it so you can use it during the project - yes, that shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if you'll be able to send it back, if you ever intend to, though.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espanha
Membro (2005)
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Just activating it? Aug 2, 2011

I reckon that you should be able to simply activate (tick) the termbase if you already have it created in memoQ. Have you tried that already?

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungria
inglês para húngaro
yes :) Aug 25, 2011

Hi Piotr,

On the "Term bases" page of the project, you should see all the term bases that have the correct languages. To use one, just tick its checkbox on the left. You can have several TBs in the project, but only one can be primary. (The primary takes the new terms by default, although this is now customizable.)

When you deliver your work, only the documents are included: you can't hand back the terminology you build.

Best regards,
Gergely

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I attach a termbase to a handoff package?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »