Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 13:23
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 17, 2013

I have an updated bilingual reference for my core TM, several hundred entries long.

While I know how to Edit TM one segment at a time, I would rather do it in batch, replacing outdated entries and just keeping the latest.

The best would be if I could specify match rate of say 99% and first get rid of whatever gets hit and then add the current update.

TiA

smo

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 14:23
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Import as document? Dec 18, 2013

Hi Vito,

I think you can export your TM as tmx, then just work on it as a normal document to be translated, then import it again.

Let me know if that works!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
processing TM as TMX .... Dec 18, 2013

Steven Segaert wrote:

... you can export your TM as tmx...

... or as CSV and then process it in Excel... Sure. But then, a) I am lazy and b) it is a generic problem/blind spot in MemoQ as far as I can tell. Here's a short specification, if Kilgrayers watch the thread

for each source segment in the candidate list
Delete all the TM entries that match better than x%

where candidate list could be a column in some excel spreadsheet, with the interface similar or identical to what is available already when importing with options

[urejeno ob 2013-12-18 11:31 GMT]

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 14:23
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
? Dec 18, 2013

I don't get it. If you have a TM and an updated document with better translations than are in the TM, why don't you just confirm the new translations? That would overwrite the old TM entries, wouldn't it?

Unless you have allowed multiple translations for the same source, of course.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
yes, multiple translations and some more... Dec 18, 2013

Steven Segaert wrote:

Unless you have allowed multiple translations for the same source, of course.

... not just that. Also cases like "This is a sentence" vs "This is a sentence." Or "Love thy neighbour", "Love thy neigbor" and ... wth... "Love, thy neighbour" (g).

What I mean, there's minute differences in the sources I have to deal with, that all amount more or less to the same thing on the target side.

All this of course on top of my own outdated target sides.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Eliminating outdated entries from the TM before update

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »